Dark Eye Circles All my Life What Can I Do?

I have had dark circles on my eyes my entire life even when I was a child. They cover the whole of my eye and give me a purplish, sick, tired and dreary look. I'm now 24 and nothing seems to help. I tried creams, concealers and injectable fillers, but nothing seems to help. I suspect the issue with these solutions working for some people and not me is due to my circles being more genetic that environmental? What can you suggest for me?

Injectable fillers can help with Dark Eye Circles

+1

There are many causes for dark circles, in most cases there are shadows under the eyes caused by indentations under the eyes.  Sometimes these are seen in the "tear trough" area, sometimes there are circles under the eyes.

In either case, using fillers such as Restylane or Perlane, may be helpful with dark circles.

Good luck in your search for information!

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of Dark Eye Circles

+1

This is a very difficult question to answer without evaluating you in person or at least having good quality pictures to view. Dark eye circles can be very difficult to treat and treatment options usually depend on the skin type, nature and severity of the dark eye circles and the cause of them. There are many treatments being utilized such as topical creams, injectable fillers, chemical peeling, and laser treatments.Sometimes I will use one and other times I will combine treatments, again depending on the skin type and type of dark eye circles.  I recommend you consult with a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon for evaluation and discussion of treatment options. 

Channing R. Barnett, MD