I Got Dark Eye Circles, I'm 18 Male Teen? (photo)

I got this Dark Circles when I was 15, It doesn't change since then, not even getting worse.I don't even have eye bags. It just different color from my skin tone. Well its not worse and my friends can't even notice it when I'm wearing my prescription glasses. I want to get rid of it because I'm planning to get a Lasik surgery and so I will not need my glasses (my camouflage) anymore. Now taking multi vitamins with iron for a week because I think the problem is in the inside. I need advice.

Eyelid color

+1

There are a number of reasons why your lower lid has color. One is a genetic tone due to your skin type. Also, the skin is very thin and the underlying muscle is visible. In addition, a venous plexus is there. None of these are correctable with surgery. Use sunscreen during the day and skin bleach for hyper pigmentation. All the best.

Dark circles

+1

The photo is helpful, but an in-person evaluation is more valuable. In general, there are three reasons why the skin around the eyes can be [or seem] darker:

1. The thin eyelid skin allows the darker muscle underneath to show

2. The contrast between eyelid fat bulging, and hollowness at the orbital rim [tear trough] eyes can create a shadow effect that exacerbates darkness.

3. Skin pigmentation [sometimes from blood products from bruising]  If it is blood    product pigmentation, it could last months to improve.

Depending on which of the above is the issue, different modalities may be helpful [time, fillers, laser resurfacing or chemical peel, concealer etc].

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon [link below] or a cosmetic dermatologist.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Undereye circles

+1

If the area is dark due to some sinking or volume loss, a filler such as Teosyal Redensity or Restylane Fine Lines can be injected in the area. If it is more due to pigmentation of the skin itself, there are several topical creams that can be applied to try and lighten the color. 

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon