Treatment Options for Dark Circles?

I've had dark circles under my eyes for as long as I can remember-even childhood photos show me with shadows! They seem to be getting worse and larger though over the past few years. Admittedly, I probably don't sleep as much as I should. When I went for Botox, the surgeon suggest filler in my tear troughs. It seems to be a favourite of his. Any better options? I don't want to look even more puffy...

Dark circles under eyes, lower eyelid bags and tear trough treatment

I think you would be better served by having the eyelid fat sutured to the deep cheek fat. That at least has a chance of being a permanent solution. Injection of filler alone is highly likely to be only a temporary fix. Botox will not improve this in anyway is more likely to cause new problems than it is to fix current issues.