How to Reverse Hollow Indentations, Dark Circles, and Under Eye Bags?

I've just discovered that a product (Garnier Fructis) for dark circles and eye puffiness not only made my eye bags worse, the result seems to be permanent. I'd like to know at this point what can I do to repair or reverse the hollowed out indentations on my face beneath my eyes? I'm 26 and now look ten years older. Please help!

Dark circles under eyes

+1

There is no good long term solution to the problem of dark under-eye circles. Occasionally patients have a hollowness which responds well to an injectable or fat transfer. Sometimes patients have "bags" under their eyes which may require surgical intervention to improve. There is no good topical cream however which will improve the appearance of dark circles, except possible a hydroquinone (bleach) cream.

Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon prior to any treatment in this delicate and difficult area.

Injectable Fillers work well to correct the appearance of hollow lower eyelids.

+1

The hollow appearance of your lower eyelids can be corrected with an Injectable Filler treatment. You should consult a board-certified dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon experienced in the art of improving lower eyelid contours with fillers.

I attached a photo demonstrating this technique.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dark Circles, Indentations, and Bags Under Lower Eyelids

+1

Hi Flawed,

Don't be so tough on yourself, you are not flawed.

The photo doesn't really capture the puffiness and bags, but we can see slight dark circles under your eyes. Unfortunately there is not a great remedy for dark skin under the eyes.

I would recommend letting nature take it's course. Your skin should return to it's baseline state over time. There are fillers that can be used for hollows and indentations, but based on the photo I would not treat them at this time.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD