Procedure for Hollow Eyes and Dark Circles for a 17-year-old?

I am 17 years old and I have hollow eyes and dark circles that never go away. What procedure would be best for me?

Refill please!

+1

Rhianna,

Hollowing around the eyes is a common complaint among young and old.

Recently, we have seen a larger number of young patients looking to improve color and hollowing around the eyes. There are several reasons that dark cirlces are seen, as I have answered in other questions (please see my list, and articles). Loss of fat, however, is generally a genetially influenced trait that is evident as early as the late teens.

Treatments for hollowing or loss of fat around the eyes is generally centered around replacement of the volume. This can be done using injectable fillers (hyaluronic acid), which are temporary, but produce excellent results. But for younger patients, a more permanent outcome is deisired, this is why I prefer fat grafting for young patients. Fat can be "grafted" or moved from virtually any part of the body using liposuction technique. It is then cleaned, and allowed to settle for several minutes, then grafted by injection into the areas of the face needing more volume. The procedure can be done in the office or in the operating room. There are generally a few touch ups necessary within the first few months.