Severely Uneven Breasts After Explantation, Left Breast is Large B/small C, Right Breast Swelled to DD?

On November 16 I had breast explantation of my impants completed. My implants were INamed, saline fill, sub muscular insertion done in 2008. Immediately after implant removal two weeks ago, breasts were symmetrical, approximately a large B small C, no complications. Then on the 6th day post-op right breast swelled significantly to DD, and hard, swelled size larger than previously with implants along with grey green puss. Surgeon gave me Cipro, no improvement. Been sick since, no size improvement

Size Increase after Implant Removal

+1

If there is a sudden size increase after breast surgery, the plastic surgeon should evaluate for hematoma, seroma, or infected fluid collection.

Severely Uneven Breasts After Explantation

+1

Considering that these looked even right after surgery, something is wrong, and seeing your surgeon is mandatory. Either a seroma or hematoma or infection seems present, and needs to be addressed. Best wishes. 

Expantation

+1

I recommend that you call and see your surgeon for care and follow up. There are many issues that need care here.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Post-op swelling

+1

I think you need to see your surgeon immediately. Without an exam there is no way for me to evaluate you, but your history suggests the possibility of a hematoma causing the initial swelling, and possible infection.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Infection?

+1

Without an exam, it is difficult to properly evaluate you. It sounds from your description that you may have an infection.  I would see your doctor ASAP.

Significant Breast Asymmetry after Removal of Breast Implants?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced after breast implant removal. Your description of your situation is concerning and, I believe, warrants immediate medical attention.  If you haven't done so already, contact your plastic surgeon and let him/her know about the significant increase in breast size. It is very likely that a drainage procedure will be necessary.