Can smart lipo help get more defined stomach?

I have been working out and watching my weight but can't lose anymore due to thinning of my face. I still feel fat on my stomach. Is it possible to lipo down to muscle? Can lipo help give me more defined abs?

Smartlipo and Abdominal Etching

+1

Based on your photo, you appear to be in excellent shape. An examination of your abdomen would be indicated to see and feel where you have some fat and how much fat you have. After that exam, some form of abdominal etching would be considered.

Abdominal etching with Smartlipo? ABSolutely

+1

In order to determine if you are a good candidate for Smartlipo, you need to have an exam of your entire core area, when contracting and while at rest. If the exam shows that there is a "pinchable" amount of fat between your skin and muscle, then abdominal etching with Smartlipo using microcannulas and a multi-plexed laser may help you achieve a more "ripped" result.

Good luck!

Daniel Levy, MD
Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Can smart lipo help get more defined stomach? #Smart Lipo #abs

+1

Thank you for your question. After looking at your abdomen and noting how fit you are, I would probably advise to not have anything done. With any liposuction technique, the goal is to provide the patient with as natural and beautiful shape as possible. Due to your work out regimen and diet you look fantastic and there would be no way to improve your current shape. I have had patients come from other offices for a revision of their liposuction due to having had too much fat removed from their abdomen and the skin adhering down to the rectus musculature. It looks awful. So to answer your question, it is possible to "lipo down to muscle" but it would be doing a dis-service to the patient to do so. I would recommend to rely on abdominal exercises to define your abs. Hope this helps.

Joel B. Beck, MD, FACS
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Smartlipo will contour your stomach

+1

Thank you for posting a picture. Your stomach looks like it is in good shape at the moment, but if you still have stubborn areas of fat you may be a candidate for Smartlipo. It is best to consult with your surgeon to see if this procedure is a good fit for you.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

+1

Based upon your posted photo you are looking for a problem in my over the internet opinion. You need to real understand the risk/benefit ratios...

+1

You may be a good candidate for etching of the abdominal musculature. I am not sure I would do any other variant of liposuction for you. You do not want to ruin your physique due to contour issues. As a bodybuilder, I sometimes get referrals to sculpt some midsections with etching.

Liposuction and etching results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction for Defined Abs

+1

Dear Meow,

A specialized form of liposuction called high definition liposuction can be performed to enhance the definition of your abs.

Please see an experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine if you are a good candidate.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

Liposuction of abdomen

+1

I think an exam has to be performed to see if there is fat to be removed that could help your situation. Best to be seen in person. Good luck.