Finished with Invisalign and Now I Need Veneers. How This Should Be Performed?

What's the procedure for making veneers after Invisalign (and before getting retainers-I must have my trays on all the time while waiting for the permanent veneers). I can not see how temporary veneers can be made so that my teeth can still fit in the trays the 2 weeks while waiting for the real venners.In my case only very very little enamel must be removed and I don't know how such fine temp veneers can be produced so to fit in the trays. I want to know what is the procedure in such cases

Porcelain Dental Veneers and Invisalign

+1

After Invisalign therapy often veneers will be needed for the most beautiful smile.  In our office, if the reshaping of the enamel is minimal, as it sound like yours is, we do not place temporaries.  The fit of the last aligner tray still holds the teeth in the interim and our patient looks as if nothing had been done to their teeth and smile. Sounds like your dentist might do this too.  It is a really good and easy way to move through the time from preparation to cementation of your porcelain dental  veneers.  You will need actual retention (Vivera or Essex retainers) after your veneers are placed.   Sounds like you are on your way to a very beautiful smile ~ Enjoy!

New Haven Cosmetic Dentist

Temporary veneers with invisalign trays

+1

If minimal tooth structure is to be removed, there is a high possibility that you won't need temporaries at all.  You should still be able to wear your aligners to keep the teeth from shifting for the two weeks.

Michael Firouzian, DDS
Columbus Cosmetic Dentist