Is it dangerous to have liposuction done on the back of the ankle - close to the achilles?

10 months ago I had liposuction done on my ankles. I am unsatisfied with the results because he did not take anything from the back of the ankle. He said he can't do lipo in that area because it is too close to the achilles tendon and can be dangerous. He mentioned cases where women have lost mobility in their legs because of damage to the achilles. I recently met with another plastic surgeon who disagreed saying he does lipo in this area regularly. I'm not sure who to believe.

Liposuction around the ankle can be problematic.

+1

liposuction around the ankle is more problematic than in other areas of the body. Postop care requires rigorous adherence to leg elevation and compressive garments. Contour irregularities are more likely than in other areas due to the way that the fat is distributed in that area.

Liposuction

+1

Can you post photos of the area? I've never done lipo in this area, but would expect it to be dangerous.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)