Any Danger from a Breast Expander Left in 7 Years? It Has Leaked.

I was unable to proceed with reconstruction beyond the first expander. Last night the saline leaked out. Do I need to do anything or will it not be a danger?

Better make an appointment

+1

The safest thing to do is to get examined by a plastic surgeon.  It might be possible for you to proceed with your reconstruction at this point.  If you do nothing, your expanded breast may contract (scar down) and make completion of your reconstruction more difficult in the future.  Depending on your situation, you might just choose to have the expander removed.  Better make a follow-up appointment.  Good luck.  

Olympia Plastic Surgeon