Can I Dance with Butt Implants?

I am a dancer and trying to get my BFA in dancing so I can teach. I do ballet, jazz, modern, contemporary, hip hop.. I've been really considering butt implants since I don't think I am a good candidate for a BBL. I weigh 105 lbs and I'm 5 ft tall. I just want to know if I'm able to dance the same way after I get butt implants? if not then... Hello ms. NO booty at all..

Can I Dance with Butt Implants?

+1
I would not promise that you would dance exactly the same way with buttock implants.  In patients who rely upon their muscles for a living, I would evaluate you for a BBL.  I perform this procedure on many patients who initially think or are told they are not good candidates for BBL.

Exercise after Butt Implants

+1

Dancing With Butt Implants

Buttock implant surgery is more risky than fat transfer surgery and requires a lengthy recovery period. However, regarding your body type, I believe that this would be the best procedure for you and should not affect your dancing once you have recovered.about two months after the buttock implants, like dancing.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Exercise after Buttock Implant Surgery

+1

Whether buttock implants are placed intramuscular or subfascial, you will eventually be able to return to return to any type of exercise regimen. But be prepared that this will take 6 to 8 weeks after surgery until you can get back to any exercising of significance.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Limitations after Buttock Implants

+1

In general, 6 weeks after surgery I release my patients from any and all limitations (including competitive dance).  Up to that point you will be very limited in your activity for the first 2 - 3 weeks, with a gradual progression thereafter up to the 6 week mark.  And indeed you are definitely not a candidate for fat transfer buttock augmentation... Glad to help... 

Ryan Stanton, MD

Dancing after gluteal augmentation

+1

Hi, thanks for your question. Yes you should be able to dance the exact same way after gluteal augmentation with implants.  You may need to rest for about two months after surgery (meaning no strenuous dancing) but after your recovery you should do well.  Good luck and take care!

Melinda Lirag Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon