What treatment would you recommend to fix a fractured nose? (photos)

I was elbowed on the nose about 3 months ago, it was swollen & I'm pretty sure I fractured it. Now I have a bump on the left side of my nose & it really bothers me because my nose was straight now it is crooked. Also I feel like I don't breath as much air as I should be on my left nostril, i'm worried what should I do to get rid of this bump?

Nasal fracture

+1
If you fractured your nose 3 months ago and now have trouble breathing and you have a bump, then you may want a rhinoplasty to address these issues. You can be evaluated now, but I would what a few more months before undergoing surgery.

What treatment would you recommend to fix a fractured nose?

+1
    I would get an evaluation by a rhinoplasty surgeon for your breathing.  The cosmetic issues can be addressed at the same time.

Nasal fracture

+1
At the time of injury we would have done a closed reduction. Now you need to have your nose evaluated and a rhinoplasty can improve the appearance. This is a common procedure and has a rapid recovery.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Nose injury 3 months old

+1
Three months out from the injury, the fracture is healed and you may have developed scar tissue at the fracture site leaving you the crooked appearance. You also may have moved the septum inside causing a deviation and airflow issues. I would recommend you see a plastic surgeon who is board certified in your area that performs nasal procedures frequently. 

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Broken nose and fixing it

+1
Dear Unknown203,

• It would be best to be evaluated by a nasal expert
  • The fracture is relatively easy to fix, the problems breathing should also be addressed, and can be done at the same time
  • Please see a specialist who can address all of your concerns 

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD