Damaged Skin Texture from Chemical Peel?

I had a Vi peel done 8 months ago. My skin peeled and then 2 weeks later the skin turned rough, dry, and scaly.It is still the same way.The skin texture has not gone back to normal.It feels like sandpaper all over.If I try to wear makeup it just collects on the rough skin.I have been washing with the gentlest cleanser and moisturizing with CeraVe cream.I use sunblock as well during the day.My skin does not seem to be improving.Is this permanent and is there anything I can do to fix this?

Change in skin texture after VI Peel.

+1

I have not seen a problem with VI peels causing long term rough, dry texture.  I would recommend Renova or a low dose retinol to help improve the texture.

Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Vi Peel and skin texture

+1

I have been performing Vi Peels for years and have never run into this problem.  I think you should return to the physician who performed the peel so that he or she can evaluate your condition.  Perhaps you have a completely different problem such as eczema or seborrheic dermatitis that happened coincidently after your procedure and can be easily treated.

Sheri G. Feldman, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologist