Damaged Skin After Allergic Reaction - Can Laser Help?

I had an allergic reaction to tea a year ago which left me with red dots on my cheeks. I'm not sure what they are. They are not red bumps like during the reaction but look like small red-pink acne scars. Is there a way to remove them with laser or some other treatment?

VBeam treatment of the face and body

+1

An examination would help. Otherwise, the VBeam laser works well for red scars and red vascular lesions. 

Treating damaged skin after allergic reactions

+1

It is best to have your skin properly assessed by a dermatologist to identify the best treatment plan. Your options might include intense pulse or broad band light, Vbeam laser, or even laser resurfacing (e.g. Profractional).

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser treatment of red dots

+1

You should be assessed by a dermatologist to diagnose what the red spots are.  If they are blood vessels, they can be treated with intense pulsed light or pulsed dye laser.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Laser Surgery

+1

First you need to diagnose the problem and skin condition and see a Board Certified Dermatologist for the diagnosis. Thank you for your question and good luck.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Redness from Allergic reaction may be reversed

+1

Based on the information given, it is not certain whether you are a good candidate for IPL or another laser treatment. A consultation is required to see if you reaction caused broken capillaries, which can be treated with IPL (intense pulsed light) laser treatment. As well, you should consider that the redness could be unrelated to you allergies such as the start of Rosacea, which can also be treated.

It is also possible that neither of these options is what has happened in your case, again this is why a consultation is stressed before deciding what you want to do about the condition or your skin.

As with all lasers there are side effects which include burns and pigmentation. The technology is only as good as the person administering it. Go someplace such as Victoria Park, with a proven record of excellence. Also make sure you feel comfortable before undergoing any esthetic treatment.

At the Victoria Park Medispa, we offer complimentary consultations for our laser treatments to ensure that clients are educated before undergoing any treatment. You should know your risks, and have realistic expectations for the results of your treatment. Any esthetic tool needs to be in the right hands, to achieve the best possible results

Steven Bernstein, MD
Montreal Dermatologic Surgeon

Red bumps on cheeks and laser

+1

Many reactions on the cheeks can cause "broken capillaries" or small scars.  Often these can be improved with the pulsed dye laser.  Find an experienced laser physician in your area (not a spa in the mall) to see what the problem really is, and whether it would benefit from a vascular laser, or if it requires fractional or ablative laser treatment.    You should also find out if you are allergic to other foods/substances by consulting with an allergist to avoid this happening in the future.

Madeline Krauss, MD
Boston Dermatologic Surgeon