Will These Damaged Pores on my Nose Ever Heal? (photo)

I have this area that is unnaturally scarred due to my own idiocy. The area has healed over time (it used to be badly red; it's been a few months) but now I have these permanent blackheads. I can squeeze them out lightly but they always come back. The area also gets red and inflamed after about an hour if I squeeze them out (I don't squeeze anymore). I never had these blackheads before. Are these permanent? I'm hoping they're healing or something and will go in time. What solutions do I have?

You need a retinoid

+1

Blackheads are actually just pores filled with a combination of bacteria, dead skin cells and skin oil.  The best way to improve their appearance is to consistently use a retinoid such as Retin-A, retinol or Tazorac.  These retinoids help keep the skin free of dead skin cells which block the pores and lead up to the build up of substance which makes it look black.  Use of a Clairsonic PoreBaby, or daily use of a exfoliating scrub will also help.  Pore do not open and close - they start out when we're children small and at puberty they become more noticeable because that's when we start producing more skin oil.  I suggest you see a board certified dermatologist who can prescribe exactly what you need.  Good luck!

Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Self surgery on pores

+1

The first step is admitting you have a problem, congratulations. Dont pick.

To answer your question, yes, it is likely that unless you really dug at it, your body will repair the scar. From the description and photo, it looks like the repair could take some time.

However, if it does not fix itself, try using a Fraxel laser and/ or some fillers to help fix the scar. Typically, these treatments will help.

Kenneth Beer, MD
Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon