Have I Damaged my Nose Permanently by Squeezing Blackheads?

hello, It has been 13 or 14 weeks since my surgery. I am really happy with the results but I had too many blackheads and I was so afraid to touch any of them but last week I couldn't resist and squeezed some of them. I was very gentle and tried not to harm anything but still I am very afraid because my nose has swollen since last week. Is it possible that I did harm it? I'm really concerned! Thank you so much!

Squeezing blackheads on nose after rhinoplasty

+1

It would be VERY unlikely that you damaged anything. The swelling will subside with time, and it's common for the nose to be susceptible to swelling after rhinoplasty. 

Squeezing nose

+1

Squeezing the nose at 12-14 weeks is probalby not a good thing although it is unlikely that you did any harm.  I would discuss your concerns with your doctor, perhaps he can offer a suggestion on how to treat the blackheads more gently.

+1

You should NOT squeeze your nose! Call/see/you chosen surgeon for therapy/treatment. In my office we have the esthetician steam the skin and do very gently extraction of comedones. Under of course my supervision. 

I doubt you damaged your nose

+1

It is definitely possible to damage your nose squeezing blackheads, but not like you describe.  Injury that might occur would most likely be to the skin itself and include scars and infection.

It is possible that a recent rhinoplasty may get a touch more swollen after squeezing black heads since a good bit of post-rhinoplasty swelling is in the skin.  This should be temporary.

I would highly recommend that you not squeeze pimples or blackheads on your face at all, at any time.  You risk introducing bacteria such as staph (MRSA) that can result in serious infection.  Instead I suggest you try using the adhesive strips designed for the purpose or visit a professional for extractions.

Web reference: http://www.dr-apo.com/surgical-procedures/rhinoplasty/

Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Doubt your damaged your nose after Rhinoplasty.

+1

From what you describe, unless you felt a sudden, sharp pain while you were squeezing your nose, I doubt you caused any permanent injury at 14 weeks post Rhinoplasty.  You should however, ask your Rhinoplasty surgeon for his/her advice before continuing with this manipulation of the nasal skin.  I would not allow my Rhinoplasty patients to do this to their skin and instead would suggest using a glycolic wash to remove the debris from the pores along with an astrignet.

Web reference: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Whats-Your-Number-The-Palmer-Code/53723954087