I Have One Damaged Front Tooth and a Gap in Between my Two Front Teeth Now. How Do I Fix This on a Very Small Budget?

Composite Veneer

+1

A composite veneer, in some cases can be a cheaper alternative to a porcelain veneer. However, you should consult a dentist for a professional opinion. As previously mentioned the cheapest option could be a false economy. 

Leicester Cosmetic Dentist

Finding the Healthest answer to a Smile you'll wear everyday!!

+1

I agree with Dr. Berning, that without photos its hard to tell.  Sometimes a cheap fix isn't the best answer for your over all health.  While having a budget in mind is key, in my option, a quality dentist doing a venner or two to fix the broken tooth and close the gap in your front teeth is important for the overall longterm health of your smile....after all, you wear that smile everyday!  Veneers have a long life, if done correctly and more conservative that crowns, which later can turn dark in color at the gumline.  All the best!

Douglas J. Hauck, DDS
Newport Beach Cosmetic Dentist

It might be simple

+1

There is a great chance you can get by with a filling on the chipped tooth.  There sure are a lot of things to consider, but the key is to check with a dentist and ask about choices.  Your area might have a Dental Health Center (a federally funded clinic), a dental school, a dental assisting school, or a high volume, low-cost private clinic.  All of these are possibilities for getting a filling  to close the gap with low cost. 

You can also call the local dental society - sometimes dentists get together to learn a new technique and need patients to use for teaching cases. Sounds a bit scary, but you will be treated by an expert while others watch and learn. Many people really enjoy being part of the learning cycle.

Of course, you might choose to use limited funds to get a higher level of care, like a better filling or one of the very exciting new porcelain options.  This investment will be higher at first but will last much longer.  The best dentists often have payment plans to help your budget while being able to give you high value care.

By far, the most expensive choice is to do nothing - that chip, if it is decay, will eventually destroy your tooth and you will spend way more money with fewer choices.

Seek out a dentist soon and get some information so you can make the best choice for you.  Best of luck to you.

Steve Carstensen, DDS
Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Fixing a gap with dental bonding

+1

It is hard to answer this without a photo, but cosmetic dental bonding can be used to solve a variety of problems with front teeth.  How damaged is your front tooth?  If there is enough healthy tooth structure remaining, then dental bonding may be an option.  Cosmetic bonding can close most gaps (if not too large) and this procedure is less expensive than something such as porcelain crowns and veneers.  

Kristen Berning, DDS
Dubuque Cosmetic Dentist