Hit My Forehead 16 Weeks Post Rhino. Did I Damage My Rhinoplasty?

I'm 16 weeks post op rhino and today I was gettting into my car and happened to hit my forehead into the top of the door... I did not hit my nose however I felt a slight vibration in my nose when I hit my forehead. I did not feel any pain. Could I have done damage? or would I have had to literally hit my nose to do any damage at all? Thanks much.

Forhead trauma 4 months post Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Babygirl303,

A forehead trauma will not affect your nose normally.

You are at 4 months post surgery and so you should have accomplished a good level of healing.

Nonetheless, a physical examination by your PS will be a good step.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Forehead Trauma

+1

It was fortunate that your forehead took the brunt of the unexpected impact four months after your rhinoplasty.  However, better check in with your Cosmetic Surgeon who performed your surgery: just to be safe!

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon