How Can You Tell if Any Damage Has Occurred to the Repaired Abdominal Muscles?

Four weeks ago today I had an abdominalplasty. After 3 pregnancies I wanted my diastis repaired. I am wondering how do you know if your muscles have been damaged and are no longer sewn together properly? My son was playing around and threw a bean bag ball that hit me in my gut right where my muscles were repaired and it hurt like crazy. Also, just after surgery I had 2 really bad coughing attacks and Im wondering how much can this area take before it would be damaged?

Trauma after a tummy tuck

+1

After a tummy tuck, you should be okay with minimal trauma to the area.  Pain is most likely residual from the healing tissues.  However, if you have any concerns you should follow up soon with your plastic surgeon.

Did trauma impact healing diastasis wound?

+1
The only way to determine whether you have damaged the repair would be to see your plastic surgeon in followup. Typically, coughing or a bean bag toss would not cause this to happen but anything is possible.

Robert L. Kraft, MD