Did I Damage my Nose After Hitting It 1 Week Post Rhinoplasty?

I had surgery last Wednesday to have my deviated septum fixed, and to also remove the hump from my bridge and narrow the tip of my nose. Today I got hit in the nose by accident, I can't explain how hard I was hit but it was enough to make me bleed from both nostrils and it hurt, a lot. It only bled for a minute, but it's very sore now. I'm so scared, did I ruin my nose?

Injury 1 Week after Rhinoplasty

+1

See your surgeon ASAP. It is unlikely you did any harm, but a careful examination will put your mind at rest.

Mild Trauma to Nose One Week After Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Best to contact your rhinoplasty surgeon for evaluation, and please be careful with your new nose.

Dr. P

Inadvertent Contact to Nose After Rhinoplasty

+1

After one week of healing from a rhinoplasty, some sort of contact is not usually going to cause a major problem.  It is not unsual for the nose to re-bleed, or for it to swell some more ( when it should be going down at that point).  I would just ice the nose 20 min on and 20 min off while you are awake over the next 48 hours.  If you notice any major deviation of the nose, then I would notify your surgeon immediately, but chances are you jst stiired up a little bleeding and should be fine.  I hope this helps.

Barrington Plastic Surgeon