What Can I Do with Damage Left to my Face After a Chemical Peel

a 50%+ chemical peel was left on my face for 30 minutes by an esthician in a doctors office...my face had skin falling off within 3 days and also was green with infection...i was left with deep holes and a hyperpigmentation....the results were far worse than how i started? what will help me now?

Post peel hyperpigmentation

+1

You are developing a post inflammatory hyperpigmentation.  Treatment for this type of problem includes the use of hydroquinone 4 to 8 %, Kojic acid, Retin-A, Topical steroid creams.  You can expect it to take up to 10 weeks for the pigmentation to clear. 
Also available from a compounding pharmacy is Klingman's formula which is a mixture of all of the above chemicals.

Chemical peel and scarring

+1

Erin, The first thing that we need to know is what was the "chemical".  Sounds like might have been a glycolic acid peel but please let us know. Peeling at three days is not out of the ordinary. Any peel can get infected and  I hope that you called the doctor right away for help with that. Of course that is past now and we need to deal with helping you for the future. A good dermatologist should be able to help you wit the pigment changes and sun block every morning is a MUST. As far as the scarring goes, have your doctor look at the depth to  decide on a treatment. Photos to us would help us be able to give you our opinions. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist