Is a Tummy Tuck What I Need? (photo)

I am 5'3",130, 30 yrs old. 2 children (I don't plan on more). I had my son 5 mo. ago but have been at my pre-preg wt since a week after his birth. My belly seem to be more genetic than baby related - from puberty & my smallest size, I've had a soft, floppy tummy I can grab & jiggle. I could lose a few more pounds & look a little smaller, but I'd never be *tight* there & I never have been. I also have an apple body so the fat just never seems to leave my middle. Will a tummy tuck do it?

Loose tummy skin, Tummy Tuck, Skin tightening, Smart Lipo, Cellulaze

+2

You have several options ranging from a partial or mini tummy tuck with muscle tightening  to Liposuction in addition to the Cellulaze skin tightening.

An examination by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will best delineate your options.

Weight loss always helps to maintain your results and health. Cheers

A mini Tummy Tuck should give you the appearance that you want

+1

Thank you for your question and congratulations on maintaining your pre pregnancy weight. That is a great accomplishment that she'll achieve.

Obviously formal consultation with a plastic surgeon is necessary. However from your photographs I do see the loose skin on your lower abdomen. Since you are fit and not overweight you may only require a mini Tummy Tuck.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck?

+1

A tummy tuck procedure and a mini tummy tuck procedure are safe. Some patients are not candidates for mini tuck verses full tummy tuck. You should see an experience plastic surgeon to determine the best option for you.

Gregory A. Wiener, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck

+1

you look like you would benefit from liposuction of your hips, back and flanks. You should be examined to determine if a tummy tuck is appropriate for you

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Is a TT what I need?

+1

Reviewing your history and photos it appears that you may be a very good candidate for the T. But I would suggest also having liposuction of the waist and upper back and possibly the thighs, in order  to get you an overall slimmer look. Of course, ultimately this all would depend on consultation and examination and getting a more clear-cut picture of what you raelly would like to achieve. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Tummy Tuck Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although precise advice would require in-person consultation, I think (based on your history and photographs)  that you may be an excellent candidate for tummy tuck surgery. This operation will serve to remove “excess” skin and subcutaneous tissue as well as re-approximate the muscles that have likely spread with pregnancy and/or weight gain/loss.

When the time is right, seek consultation with board certified plastic surgeons.  Ask to see lots of examples of their work and speak to other patients who have undergone the same procedure.

You may find the following advice that I provide to my patients before they undergo tummy tuck surgery helpful to you:

1. Make sure you are doing the procedure for the right reasons (for yourself)  and that you have realistic expectations.  Be aware that an improvement in the “problem area” may not translate to an overall improvement in your life   situation.  You are bound to be disappointed with results of the procedure if your motivation for doing the surgery is not internally driven.

2. Time your surgery carefully; generally, it is not a good idea to have surgery done during or immediately after a stressful period in life (for example divorce or death of a loved one). The additional stress of surgery will undoubtedly be  more challenging to deal with if a patient's emotional reserves our already exhausted. Remember, that an improvement in your physical appearance will not translate to an improvement in your life situation.

3. If possible speak to patients who have undergone similar procedures and query them about the toughest times of their recovery period. Any practical hints previous patients can provide may be very helpful.

4. Make sure you are aware of potential complications that may arise how to reach your surgeon if necessary.

5. Make sure you have a strong and patient support system (several people if possible) in place who have time/patience to take care of you. Arrange for professional nursing if any doubt exists regarding the availability and/or stamina  of your caretakers.

6. Be patient with the healing process, understanding that it will take several weeks to months to feel “normal” again. It may also take many months/year to see the end results of your surgery.

7. Be prepared to distract your mind with things of interest such as books, magazines, and movies.

8. Expect less of yourself; do not go back to work, school or chores too early and let others take care of you (for a change).

9. Pick your surgeon carefully (a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon) and trust in his/her advice. Keep in close communication with your surgeon and do not hesitate to communicate questions/concerns and the   emotional swings that you may experience.

10. Resume all medications that you were using preoperatively when cleared by your plastic surgeon and stop the use of narcotics and sedatives as soon as feasible after surgery.

11. Keep in mind the end results as you go through the tougher emotional times after your surgery.

A modified tummy tuck should help

+1

In a modified tummy tuck liposuction, muscle repair and skin excision are combined which should give you a nice result. Good luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck for a Tight Abdomen

+1

Hi. Your options are some form of a tummy tuck in combination with lipo, or lipo alone.  because you describe and complain about the "floppy" nature of your tummy I would recommend tummy tuck to tighten the muscle wall and remove excess skin.  This should take inches off your waist and provide you with a tighter look and feel.

The link below are some tummy tuck photos from my website.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck candidate?

+1

Thank you for your question and for providing the photos. It is impossible to precisely determine the best treatment for your belly based on the photos alone, since I can't evaluate the elasticity of your skin. If your skin elasticity is good, then you may be a candidate for other, less extensive methods such as liposuction.

That being said, it does appear that you would be best treated with a tummy tuck. That would allow your skin that was stretched out from the pregnancies to be tightened, and for the muscles to also be tightened. Of ten times, this can be combined with some liposuction to treat any unwanted areas of fat and further contour your abdomen and waist line.

The best next step would be to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. They can examine your abdomen and discuss the options with you.

Best of luck with your future flat belly.

Jeff Rockmore

Jeffrey Rockmore, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

Is a Tummy Tuck What I Need?

+1

Thank you for your question and for the photos you have attached. There is no substitute for an in person exam in making a clinical decision, but from the photos it does appear that you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck. 

That procedure will remove excess skin and adjacent fat, and will tighten the abdominal muscles that are often pulled away from the midline during pregnancy. 

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank you for your question, best wishes.