Is It Safe to 1. Wear Swim Goggles; and 2. Have Microdermabrasion After Botox?

Is it safe to 1). wear swim goggles; and 2). have microdermabrasion after Botox? If so, how long should I wait? I have been getting botox between my eyebrows and for my crow's feet for 3 years and love it. I'd like to do these two activities I mentioned, but am hesitant that I will cause some sort of problem with the results. Thank you!

+1

Great question Sandy, I advise my patients to avoid any type of exercise the day of having Botox injected. As far as having microdermabrasion, I normally don't recommend laying down for the first 4-5 hours. Glad to hear you're loving Botox as much as my patients do.

Botox aftercare

+1

I recommend my patients to refrain from any heavy activity on the day of Botox injection, along with avoiding laying flat for at least 4 hrs after the procedure. You are safe to resume goggle use the following day. Glad you like the effects! -Dr. Boris

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Botox and microdermabrasion

+1

You should wait one day after Botox before wearing swim goggles.  Wait until your skin feels back to normal after microdermabrasion before wearing goggles but remember, you should protect your skin from the sun after microdermabrasion.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Swimming after Botox

+1

I would encourage you to wait at least 72 hours, to be on the safe side, after having Botox injected before donning those swim goggles.  I personally would wait between procedures as well.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Wait at least 4 hours for Botox to be absorbed.

+1

I advise my patients not to press on or massage the treated areas for at least 4 hours after Botox treatment.  This includes lying down or performing any physical activity such as swimming or getting facial treatments. Botox is injected into a specific set of muscles to exert a specific effect.  After 4 hours, the medication has been absorbed and you minimize the risk of having the Botox unintentionally affect the wrong facial muscles.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Your skin should be intact before immersion in water.

+1

After a BOTOX service, the skin is fully intact in a couple of days.  A properly done microderm abrasion should not damage the barrier function of the skin.  However, if you are red, or scab, very different story.  If that is the case, wait until the scab is gone or the redness has resolved.  Fillers services are another kettle of fish.  For these we want you to be a 2 weeks out before wearing swimmer's goggles.