How soon can one go under a revision for bottoming out after having a breast lift with implants?

I had a lift with 425cc L and 400cc R silicone back in February. C to a DD, but now a corner of the implant is protruding on the inside of my left breast. It's literally square! My implants have been continuously dropping and I can tell they are going to eventually bottom out. My PS said the corner is "something I might just have to live with." Well, I spent a lot of $ for these breast and don't want to live with a square one! How soon can I have a revision to prevent bottoming out?

Six Months should be okay

+1
Dear BeachLover11,

I think everyone will agree that after six months’ time if you are having bottoming out it can be repaired now. In addition to tacking the skin back to the chest wall, reinforcement with some of the scaffolding materials is becoming the standard of care to lower the recurrence rate.

I hope this has been helpful.

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Wait 6 months for breast implant revision

+1
In general, the guideline is 6 months unless things are continuing to change. Correction of bottoming out often involves the use of internal bra materials such as Strattice, SERI Scaffold silk mesh, or GALAflex mesh.

Richard Baxter, MD

Revision

+1
Thank you for the question and I would start the process of getting second opinions now.  Without photos or an examination it is hard to make specific recommendations

Dr. corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon