Is it normal to feel like my breasts are going to fall after removing foam tape 5 days post op? (photo)

I see my PS in 2 days for 1st postop visit (day 7). He wanted me to wait until that morning to remove the foam tape but I removed it tonight bc it's giving me a rash. As soon as I took the tape off it was an increase in pressure and a very strange feeling like they are going to fall. Is this a normal feeling?! I regret removing the support tape, I don't want to take my hands out from under them, I feel like they'll fall out of my chest mentor smth rnd mod pls silicone 500cc, under muscle I think

Wear a support bra and see your surgeon for falling breast implants

+2
Thank you for your question.  I do understand how you feel.  However he should wear a supportive bra and see our plastic surgeon for evaluation.  Follow the sensation can be quite normal vascular surgeon about the possibility of a double bubble on the right breast (left in photograph).

Is it normal to feel like my breasts are going to fall after removing foam tape 5 days post op?

+2
Best to call your surgeon to notify him of your issues. Over the internet very hard to be accurate in your case. In person examination is a MUST! 

Breast Augmentation Post-Op

+2
It can definitely be a strange sensation to remove a support that you have had for several days.  Even then, if you truly feel that the implants are lowering or pulling on your tissues, you can ask your surgeon about a breast band or more supportive bra.  You can wear a breast band (or ace wrap) underneath the breasts to give you more support.  Be sure to ask your surgeon, as you don't want to go against advice!

Emily J. Kirby, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Completely normal sensation!

+2
Hello Ashley, 

Thanks for your question. 

It's totally normal to feel that, because foam tape was doing a sort of "bra effect" on your breast. When you took them off and you felt for the first time the effect of gravity on them without that support, it's completely normal to having that sensation. 

The good thing I'll tell you is that you'll surgeon will be happy you took them off. Rash is very common with foam tapes and I would prefer not using them at all before having a serious skin reaction.

Good luck on your first post-op visit and on your recovery in general, 

Dr. Fernandez Goico

Luis A. Fernandez Goico, MD