Least Number of Days I Can Take off from Work?

I am a waxer for a living. I do a lot of brazillians, legs, etc. I only have a 3 day period off from work. I am also going with a fairly large implant. (550 cc) Is it possible to be back to work that soon after having my BA? I used to waitress and worked with girls who would be back at work TWO days after their surgery, so I can get away with 3, right?!? (I hope?) Thank you so much for your help, and sorry for all the questions! You doctors are so helpful on here, and I appreciate it very much!

Least Number of Days I Can Take off from Work

+2

Although many patients who do non-physical work are back after 2-3 days, your job requires quite a bit of vigorous arm movement. 

The issue would be setting off some bleeding while doing your job. 

Your questions are appropriate. They would be best addressed directly to your surgeon. Best wishes for an uneventful recovery.

Time off Work for Waxer

+1
Each surgeon has his or her own guidelines for recovery. Typically, patients can return to light activity after 5 to 7 days. More strenuous activity may take 3 to 6 weeks. Consult with your board certified surgeon as he or she will understand the scope of the surgery and the specifics of you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Returning to work after a breast augmentation

+1

The only activities I would restrict a patient to after a breast augmentation would be not to lift greater than 20 pounds and avoid activities where the breasts bounce up and down for 6 weeks.  As long as you stay in a well fitting bra you should be fine.  YOu also can not drive a car when taking pain medications. Atlanta Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Z

How Many Days Do I Need To Take Off From Work

+1

Keeping in mind that everyone heals at a different rate, if you are having your surgery on a Thursday, you can typically go back to a desk job on Monday.  You have to remember that you are having a real surgery and if you don't follow the Post-Operative instructions, you are risking complications that may result in more money and more time off in the future.  If you are limited on your days off, it may be a good idea to schedule your Breast Augmentation when you have the time off you will need for a safe recovery.

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS
Irvine Plastic Surgeon

How much time do you need off for a breast augmentation.

+1

This is always a tricky question and depends on many factors.  If your job requires vigorous activity (especially with your arms), you may need closer to a week.  Placement of implants deep to the muscle can also make recovery slightly longer (but this is a small price to pay for a much better operation).  Have an honest discussion with your surgeon, and they can better guide you.  I wish you a speedy recovery.

Dustin L. Reid, MD

Time off from breast augmentation

+1

It will be close.  The amount of pain varies from patient to patient, but also varies depending on the implant size.  A larger implant under the muscle will definitely hurt more. If you did non physical work, you would likely be okay. In your case, you can either just wait and see or try to keep your return to work plans flexible.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Time off of work after brest augmentation

+1

Time off after a breast augmentation will vary greatly depending on your job and the size and placement of the implant.  In my opinion implants under the muscle take more recovery time.  The girls at the restaurant may have had their implants placed above the muscle.  Below the muscle is a better operation.  Waxing is a very vigorous activity.  Be careful and don't jeaporadise your result.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Activity after breast augmentation

+1

Usually patients can go back to a desk job within  a few days. Vigorous activity should be avoided for a few weeks in most cases so that you do not risk developing a hematoma.

Time off work after surgery

+1

Hi! Thank you for your question,

I am Dr. Speron, a proud member of both the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (ASAPS).  I am also certified with the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Although many factors are involved  with determining your actual recovery time for breast augmentation, you will likely experience a post-surgical recovery period  of 24 to 48 hours and an additional reduced-activity period of a few days, you will likely experience soreness and swelling for a few weeks. Therefore I would recommend taking off work for at least one week.

Exercise and normal activity can resume at the direction of your plastic surgeon. Over time, post-surgical swelling will decrease and incision lines will fade. It is important that the surgical incisions are not subjected to excessive force, abrasion, or motion during the time of healing.

Your plastic surgeon should give you specific instructions on how to care for yourself after your surgery.

I have provided a direct link below for additional information and before and after pictures. If you have any further questions, please feel free to call us at 847.696.9900 for a private consultation.

Best of luck and have a great day!
Regards,
Dr. Speron

Sam Speron, MD

+1

Normally it takes a few days to return to a non-stress office type job following an augmentation.  I think in your case that your job is more physically demanding and you should plan on several days off prior to resuming work.  The motion of performing a Brazilian wax may cause some bleeding and swelling and delay your healing.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon