How Should my Tummy Tuck Recovery Go with Little/no Muscle Repair? (photo)

I'm 5'3" 130 lbs, 30 yrs old with 2 children. I'm getting a TT because I have always had a loose and floppy tummy, but its *not* due to my pregnancies - I only gained 19 lbs with each baby, barely protruded and had no stretch marks. Will I get less muscle repair than most women? Will I get much less impressive results? And should I expect a different recovery than I generally read about? I hope I've remembered to ask all my questions now!

How Should my Tummy Tuck Recovery Go with Little/no Muscle Repair?

+2

Based upon the photos you have attached, I think you should have a nice improvement from both the muscle repair and the skin resection. I would expect a typical recovery, although there is huge variability from patient to patient.

When you ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S.

Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Muscle Repair with Tummy Tuck

+2

In most tummy tuck surgeries the area between the six pack muscles (rectus abdominis muscles) are brought closer together with sutures. Based on your photos, it appears that you would benefit from this procedure and I think that you will be pleasantly pleased with the results. Your recovery will be based upon how well you heal and your tolerance to pain. Hope this helps!

Thanks for your questions and photos. Best of Luck!

Gregory Park, MD