Medical Thigh Lift Incision Seepage?

I'm almost a month out of surgery I had a TT and. Medical thigh lift on November 13. My vertical incision on My right leg had seepage this morning. It was clear/red ,like what came out of my JP drains. It's not red or hot. Should I been worried? I'm concerned bc I thought I was close to bring healed fully since I'm almost a month out. Thanks. I called my Dr, but he currently is in surgery.

Drainage from Thigh Lift Incision

+2

Residual fluid collections after thigh lift are probably more common that have been appreciated.  You know the signs of infection, and I think you do not have a reason to worry.

Medical Thigh Lift Incision Seepage?

+1

Drainage from an inner or medial thigh lift incision is uncommon one month after your surgery. It does not sound like an infection. It could be that you are rejecting a suture. It is difficult to say exactly what it is without a picture or physical examination.  I would suggest you follow up with your surgeon as soon as possible.

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

Medial thigh lift seepage

+1

Seepage from the incison of a medial thigh lift is not uncommon, but concerning if now a month out from surgery. Best to be seen by your doctor to make sure everything is OK.

Drainage following inner thigh lift surgery

+1

It is not unusual to have a serous or clear yellowish drainage from the inner thigh lift incisions.  This is primarily dependent drainage and will clear over time.  If you experience a high fever, > 102F, chills, redness or other signs of infection you should contact your plastic surgeon's office immediately.   The inner thighs are always a problem area since this zone stays very moist all of the time.