Medical Thigh Lift Incision Seepage?

I'm almost a month out of surgery I had a TT and. Medical thigh lift on November 13. My vertical incision on My right leg had seepage this morning. It was clear/red ,like what came out of my JP drains. It's not red or hot. Should I been worried? I'm concerned bc I thought I was close to bring healed fully since I'm almost a month out. Thanks. I called my Dr, but he currently is in surgery.

Drainage from Thigh Lift Incision

Residual fluid collections after thigh lift are probably more common that have been appreciated.  You know the signs of infection, and I think you do not have a reason to worry.

Medical Thigh Lift Incision Seepage?

Drainage from an inner or medial thigh lift incision is uncommon one month after your surgery. It does not sound like an infection. It could be that you are rejecting a suture. It is difficult to say exactly what it is without a picture or physical examination.  I would suggest you follow up with your surgeon as soon as possible.

J. Timothy Katzen, MD, FACS

Medial thigh lift seepage

Seepage from the incison of a medial thigh lift is not uncommon, but concerning if now a month out from surgery. Best to be seen by your doctor to make sure everything is OK.

Drainage following inner thigh lift surgery

It is not unusual to have a serous or clear yellowish drainage from the inner thigh lift incisions.  This is primarily dependent drainage and will clear over time.  If you experience a high fever, > 102F, chills, redness or other signs of infection you should contact your plastic surgeon's office immediately.   The inner thighs are always a problem area since this zone stays very moist all of the time.