Lip Lift Vs Permalip Implant; which procedure I should pursue? (photo)

Before I go with an implant I heard a lip lift might be a more natural way to achieve a fuller look. Im not sure if I would qualify for a lip lift because my lip(in my opinion)isnt long. I wouldnt mind it being lifted , I think a slight teeth show is sexy. The implant I know would add volume but I am worried about duck lips. Given the pictures I have provided can it be determined which procedure I should pursue or if even a coupling of the two would be suitable?

Lip Lift vs. Lip Augmentation - Which Is The Most Natural?

+3
Permanent lip implants neither feel normal nor do they look particularly normal.  They enlarge the lip but they may slip, be placed in asymmetrically, and can lead to some physical problems in a very sensitive area.  On the other hand, lip lifts, especially the one first described by Dr. Steven Hoefflin of Santa Monica, can give a lift with minimal to no scarring.

This lip lift has associated with it two darts into the nostril sill and, therefore takes advantage of the concept of a Z or W plasty (hides the scar and is difficult for the human to pick up).  A lip lift of 3-4 mm will move your red lip from its basically horizontal orientation to a more vertical orientation.  Once this happens, injection of fillers, some lasting up to 2 years, can be used to finish off the fuller lip you are looking for. 

A permanent lip implant in you will push down the red lip, giving you less incisor show, therefore giving you an older appearing lip (bigger but older).  On the other hand, a lip lift will give you more incisor show, minimal to no scarring, and the ability to augment or not augment with temporary fillers (because now your red lip orientation is vertical, therefore more youthful and attractive).

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Lip Lift Vs Permalip Implant; which procedure I should pursue?

+2
Based on your photos, it appears that you would benefit from lip implants.  Don't worry about duck lips.  The implants come in 3 sizes, and are no where near large enough to give an unnatural appearance.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Lip implants are an easy way to see if you get what you want.

+2
Lip implants are easy to put in and take out for roughly $1500-2000 each and take about 20 min. with no scarring.  Lip lifts will always scar and the scars are noticeable and permanent but are worth it sometimes. Sincerely,
David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lip lift

+2
I always prefer a lip lift to the implant, which can deform, migrate and extrude. A lip lift will increase the fullness of the upper lip, shorten the distance between the nose and upper lip and increase your incisor show. From your photographs, I cannot see any incisor show but the normal amount is 2 millimeters. The cost of a lip lift is $2,000.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon