Do I need a lift along with implants? (Photo)

Will I need a lift with my implants? I do not want the lollipop vertical scar. I passed the pencil test yay! I am currently a small C but have recently lost around 20lbs so they feel 'empty'. I am looking to fill out the volume and go up to a full D/DD and am not too worried about looking 'natural' I just don't want the heavy implants to make the breasts even more droopy. Any suggestions?

A dual plane breast augmentation may be all that you need

+2
You will need an in person examination and consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to give you a proper opinion.

Based on the photographs applied your nipple appears to be slightly above the inframammary crease but you do have glandular ptosis.  In many cases a dual plane breast augmentation may be all that you need.  However if during your consultation it is determined you do need a lift most likely a periareolar lift without the vertical limb would be possible.  Larger implants in the 350-400 cc range would most likely be required to get you to the D cup range.

+1
You expressed wanting to be a D/DD, so with that said, I wouldn't expect you to need a lift at this point.  Being that you do not want the scars from a lift, you can always have a breast augmentation first knowing that you may need a lift later because you do have slight ptosis.  It would be best if you can go see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-office exam and learn your best options from there.  Good luck! ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Simultaneous lift required

+1
I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast LiftTM.Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Through the same incision, implants can be placed.Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision.Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it.This will give you the fullness you want, make your breasts more prominent and decrease your breast separation while avoiding the ugly vertical scars of the lollipop lift.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Lift with implants

+1
You need a formal consultation in order to answer your question - you and your surgeon will discuss your aestheticgoals from surgery including ultimately determiniing the implant volume you want.  Althoughphotos give part of the story, examiation of the soft tissues is necessary to determine how your breasts will respond to the volume of the implants.  I suspect that your discusion will be one of the pros and cons of an circumareolar lift; I do not think it likely that your surgeon will recommend a circumvertical (lollipop) lift.

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

Do I need a lift along with implants?

+1
You do not need a breast lift. In fact, in my humble opinion, you would do very well with just a breast augmentation. I feel that you would benefit from a periareolar approach , utilizing silicone gel high profile implants somewhere in the neighborhood of 375cc in a subpectoral position. I would encourage you not to fix on cup size but rather.........are they attractive and have they filled the loss of volume I have experienced in the upper pole of my breasts secondary to my weigh loss. Above all find a plastic surgeon certified by the ABPS who has performed many and has years of experience in cosmetic breast surgery. Good luck.......research, research and then research some more.

Jose Perez-Gurri, MD

Breast lift or just augmentation

+1
Thank you for your inquiry about breast augmentation and whether you need a breast lift.

Your photo suggests that you will not need a lift. But a face-to-face evaluation by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon will be needed to be sure. 

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Do I need a lift with an augmentation with implants

+1
I would agree with the responses that your nipple-areola is above the inframammary crease level and therefore an augmentation with round implants will be all that's needed to give the illusion of a lift. Even the nipple-areola will look in better proportion with the breast filled out behind it and anything done to the nipple-areola is not needed. In my opinion, so-called "crescent" mastopexies are a total misconception and you are exactly the type that does not need and would not benefit from a periareolar mastopexy. 
A properly sized and positioned implant will fill out the lower pole (which is what gives the illusion of a lift). It also fills in the upper pole. Properly sized and positioned implants do not make the the implant go up or the breast sag. 
In general, although your breasts look relatively narrow, an implant that is about 3/4 to 1 cm less than the diameter of your breasts upright with arms down and in the subpectoral position with a dual plane release for the lower pole, will make your breasts look about 1-2 cup sizes larger depending on the choice of forward volume (profile). A high profile implant will make you look a bit overdone and out of proportion but it can be done without distorting or causing problems as long as the diameter fits behind your breast and the lower pole is properly released. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast

+1
Thank you for the pictures.

I believe that by placing implants under the muscle your breast will be enhanced and they would make your breast look lifted as well.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Lift with implants

+1
I am not convinced you need a lift at all. I would do a dual/plane breast augmentation and let everything settle. I believe you would be very happy and avoid the lift scars all together. Ask your plastic surgeon about the dual/plane technique.

Eric Weiss MD

Eric Weiss, MD, FACS
Orange Park Plastic Surgeon

Crescent mastopexy

+1
Women with a small degree of drooping can be served well with a crescent mastopexy where a semi-lunar shape of skin is removed from above the nipple to reposition the nipple on the breast.  The implant can be placed through the same incision.  If you do not have some form of lift, the nipple droop is only magnified.