Would I Be a Good Candidate for a Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I have been thinking about getting rhinoplasty done. I'm not set on it yet, but if I do get it, I want to have the procedure in December 2014. Therefore I'm looking up the procedure so I can be familiar w/ it. Basically I want my nose to fit my face(don't want a Michael Jackson nose). I would like 4 my nose to be more narrow. For me to have a narrow nose, would the surgeon have 2break the bone in my nose? Also I get a sinus infection once a year, would it be a bad idea to get this procedure?

Would I Be a Good Candidate for a Rhinoplasty?

+2

Please get a proper evaluation before considering the rhinoplasty because it is true that the sinus problems may worsen with rhinoplasty surgery. The nasal bones may need to be broken to narrow the dorsum, so poper preoperative evaluation is essential. Good luck

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Would I be a good candidate for a rhinoplasty?

+1

It is possible to create a natural looking nose that fits your face and does not appear overdone. To narrow the nose, the bones are broken. The nose is narrowed during rhinoplasty with osteotomies (fracturing of the nasal bones). Getting a sinus infection one time per year is not a contraindication associated with rhinoplasty. If the sinus infection is due to a septal deviation, a rhinoplasty with a deviated septum repair can decrease the likelihood of getting future sinus infections, which can be due to the following:

1) Nasal polyps
2) Deviated septum

I would recommend seeking the advice of a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. Computer imaging software may be used to morph a photo of you, which will give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. I hope this helps, and good luck.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for a rhinoplasty

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure involves osteotomies to the nasal bones only when they are wide or a hump has been removed. Sutures are used to narrow the nasal tip cartilages. An alar-plasty is performed to narrow wide nostrils. This can all be performed through closed rhinoplasty techniques as an outpatient surgical procedure under a brief general anesthesia. One sinus infection a year is normal and is not related to rhinoplasty

Ethnic Rhinoplasty

+1

The only way to narrow a nose is to break the bones. Treatment of sinus infection may or may not be worsen by rhinoplasty. You need a complete medical evaluation before the surgery.

Ethnic Rhinoplasty can get its best results with nasal implants to improve the tip and profile.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

+1

The tip and dorsum can be narrowed without appearing unnatural or surgical. If you want the bridge narrowed the bones can be broken. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Rhinoplasty for African American nose

+1

Ethnic rhinoplasty requires experience and skill, and you should seek out surgeon with both. Look for before and after photos of similar noses and make use of computer imaging to make sure you and the surgeon are on the same page. Osteotomies may or may not be necessary in your case..Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon