Will a Full Arm Lift with Lipo Be Able to Make my Arms Look Alot Smaller and Proportionate to my Body Size?

hi im 25, top heavy (large breast, arms, upper back) since adolescence. i lost weight but still have fat arms that are too big for my body size. they really bother me so i hope to achieve thin, feminine arms, as small as possible. my questions: can a arm lift with lipo achieve this? 2. does arm lift/lipo make only the upper arm smaller? the area starting at the inner and outer elbows on up bothers me but ive been told not to expect much of a noticeable change there, mainly just the upper arms.

Armlift

+2

Hi afreshstart. To get the thin shaped arms you are looking for, I believe combination liposuction and arm lift should give you an excellent result. From the photo's you sent I don't think your elbows should be a problem. They can however be taken care of if necessary. Please see someone who routinely does these procedures.

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

+1

An extended arm lift will address the loose skin and will result in a much nicer arm contour.  You will have to decide if the surgery is worth it to you.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of body contouring procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Smaller upper arms for a 25 year old may not require lift.....just lipo

+1

Your age may allow you to do a lesser procedure, but this will depend on the texture of your skin on the upper arms.  If you do not have significant stretch marks, which seems to be the case from your pictures, then I would suggest just doing lipo.  I have done many where there was enough tightening from the lipo that a lift with all its scar risks wasn't necessary.  Your age may give you different options compared to someone twice your age.

Myles Goldflies, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift

+1

You should have good result from the procedure you describe as long as the incision extends down the inner arm toward your elbow. I do not believe a short scar technique will accomplish the goals you describe. Treat the scar post-operatively with silicone sheeting if your surgeon agrees. I have had good improvement in brachioplasty scars using this product.

Patti A. Flint, MD

Arm lift with liposuction of arms for loose flabby arms is a good option if you are willing to accept a noticeble scar

+1

Only down side of arm lift with liposuction of arms is that this operation leaves behind a permanant scar on inner arms or back of arms depending upon surgeon's preference for this operation.  If you are willing to accept this scar in exchange for improved shape and size of arms you should proceed with brachioplasty (cosmetic surgery of arms).

Liposuction can be extended to your upper body to streamline those areas of your body. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Arm Lift (Brachioplasty)

+1

A brachioplasty is essentially an upper arm lift. In this procedure, the excess hanging skin and fat in the upper arm is removed. Its the procedure used to correct the common "bat wing" of skin that manifests in patients who have lost a significant amount of weight.  Best wishes.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

+1

Yes, Arm lift with liposuction will improve a lot you arms. However always is good a physical evaluation.

Walkiris Robles, MD