VERY Flat chested. 36 yrs old, 5'6" 140 lbs. Can I achieve a full C-small D with 401cc silicone? (photo)

Hello, I am a 36 yr old mother of 3 beautiful children ages 20, 14, 10. I am 5'6", 140lbs, 32 inch rib, and am wanting a full C-small D. I have decided to go with 401cc right, 435cc left, moderate + profile, silicone, round, textured. I am wanting to know your opinion if this will get me what I am looking for. I trust my PS, just wanting others advice as well. Attached I have pictures to better show my body type. Also, is textured the way to go?

Sizing

+2
You have excellent pre operative aesthetics I do not think you need as much of an implant for a nice result but my guess is you will be happy with this size, dont think about bra sizes they are unpredicatable

Will 400 cc implants create a C or D cup breast

+2
Thank you for your question.  Cup size cannot be reliably predicted because different retailers label the same sized cup differently.  A C cup at 1 store will be a D cup at another store.

If you are currently wearing an a cup bra then a 401 cc implant should increase your cup size by a factor of 2.  You really need an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who uses a breast implant sizing system.  You may also do the Rice test which is outlined in the link below.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

VERY Flat chested. 36 yrs old, 5'6" 140 lbs. Can I achieve a full C-small D with 401cc silicone?

+2
You should have no trouble getting a C look, or maybe even a small D look, but as to what implants that will take...it can't be answered without an exam. But it sounds like you are in the right ballpark probably. Any implant can have many different looks depending on the patient's anatomy.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Full C/Small D with 401cc Gels

+2
By far the most important thing is that you have trust in your plastic surgeon.  He/She has

likely already carefully measured your chest width to size the implants appropriately.  Given

your lean frame, silicone gel implants would be superior to saline for a softer look and feel.  

More important than cup size (which varies with bra style/manufacturer) is that the implants

chosen fill-out your individual dimensions in a natural way.  It sounds as though you and your

surgeon are in agreement here too.  Good luck to you. 

Michael F. Bohley, MD

Can I achieve a full C-small D with 401cc silicone?

+2
I agree with Dr. Singer's answer.  However, I do want to say that a full C small D cup size that you are looking for may require larger implants.  In my practice, we do sizing so the patient has a good idea of the amount of fullness that they will get with different sizes.  Keep in mind that doing this will only give you an estimate, and usually looks a little bigger because the implants are in front of all of your tissue.  Good luck!

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. Base on your photographs, you are starting at a great place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.  However, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with  meaningful specific advice.  Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your   desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full C or small D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Avoid large implants

+1
At size 32 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. 300 cc implants would achieve a C to D size. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it. It is possible that 401 cc and 435 cc implants may not fit retro-pectoral, will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

401 doesn't = D

+1
Let me start by saying that bra sizes are not completely uniform. One company might have a C cup that fits and in another it will be a B cup. A women 5'6" will have at least 150 cc per cup size.  So a 400 cc augmentation might be a C cup or a B cup. Rather than picking a cup size I would use a sizing system to pick the size implant that you think looks the best.

Ralph M. Rosato, MD
Vero Beach Plastic Surgeon

+1
Based upon the posted photos an volume of implant I would hope for a c cup result. No way a D cup... 

Implant

+1
Implant size selection depends on several variables.  I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS