Can a chin implant elongate my round face? (photo)

I have a round face and a receding chin at that, hoping that a chin implant would give it a slimming effect by elongating the overall appearance of my face without adding any width. I've uploaded a sideview and regular front view of my face, my chin is quite round and weak. I like the appearance of my chin in the third picture when im pointing my jaws downward to give it an almost pointy look. What type of implant and shape is recommended?

Can a chin implant elongate a round face

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.
Yes a chin implant would appear to make your chin look stronger on profile view. While the chin implant doesn't actually elongate the lower third of the face on frontal view it does creat somewhat of an illusion that the face has been slightly elongated. Please see my before and after picture of a chin implant I performed that does exactly what I've mentioned here. As for the type of implant, I use a smooth silicone implant from Implantech. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of luck to you!

Chin shape

+1
You are an excellent candidate for a medium implantech curvilinear chin implant. It will accomplish exactly what you are looking for very nicely. It will elongate your chin and not add to the outer width at all. Both your side view and frontal view will look fantastic. I do the procedure in my office operating room under painless local anesthesia in 20 minutes. Sutures under the chin are removed in one week and you look fantastic. I have done over 800 implants in the past 15 years and they are superb with almost a zero complication rate. Very slight liposuction under the chin will also enhance the result

Richard Galitz, MD, FACS
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant to elongate face

+1
Based from your photos, you will need a specially designed chin-jaw implant that will add both vertical length to your face and a forward projection to your chin. A conservative cheek liposuction will further enhance your facial harmony and elongate your face.

Somyos Kunachak, MD
Thailand Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant to Elongate Face

+1
A chin-jowl implant will give you more projection, definition, and improve facial proportions. I suggest that you also have liposuction under your chin and jawline to improve definition of the lower face. 

Vertical Lengthening Chin Implant

+1
What you are seeking is the new vertically lengthening chin implants that provide as more vertical as horizontal augmentation, bringing the chin down at a 45 degree angle. This will create an elongated face with a more triangular shape to the jawline/chin.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Can a chin implant elongate my round face?

+1
A chin implant generally makes the most change in the projection of the chin and not as much in the chin length, but it would certainly add balance to your facial proportions.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Chin implant for recessive chin

+1
The primary goal for a chin implant is to give increased projection to the chin from the side profile. A chin implant will also give  a small amount of added vertical height and width to the chin area. Chin implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes which is best determined at the time of the consultation. The implants are composed of Silastic, are inserted through sub mental approach under local anesthesia .

+1
I believe a small chin implant would balance the lower part of your face which is underprojected.  Without a balanced projection to the lower part of your face, the upper part becomes 'top heavy'.

Will a chin implant elongate my face

+1
You are not a candidate for a chin implant, you have a deficient lower facial 1/3 and this is one of the reasons your face does not look long enough.  You appear that you would benefit from a sliding genioplasty to advance your chin but also to elongate it and the later will give you better facial balance.

Dr. Joe Niamtu, III
Cosmetic Facial Surgery
Richmond, Virginia

Joseph Niamtu, III, DMD
Richmond Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Implant should help

+1
You have a round face and I agree that you don't want to add much width to the side of the chin and jaw.  There are different materials available, but I think what is more important is the shape and size of the implant.  Your face is pretty and delicate, so you don't want to large of a chin (ie. too big of an implant).  Find a surgeon with a vast experience in this area of surgery.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon