Bellini Lift with Saline Implants? (photo)

I had a consultation yesterday with a PS to discuss a breast augmentation. When talking he said I was borderline needing a lift and if I desired one he would combined a periareolar lift( I dont mind scars) with an augmentation using the transxillary approach. I believe he said he'd place saline implants under the muscle. I'm wanting my nipples to be higher on my breasts, have projection,over all fullness,and be bigger. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Height 5'2 Weight 140 Thanks!

You don't need a breast lift.

+1

If you're going to have a breast augmentation this should nicely camouflaged pseudoptosis demonstrated in the picture.

Benelli Lift with Saline Implants?

+1

The Benelli lift can be performed at the same time as a periareolar augmentation.  A transaxillary scar can be avoided in this situation.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast lifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Benelli lift and implants

+1

In cases where the areolas are a bit low, I will often place an implant through the Benelli approach under the muscle and  perform a concentric mastopexy reducing the areola, lifting the nipple areola and taking some skin out.

Benelli and implants

+1

do accomplish larger breasts with elevation of the nipple but it will NOT improve projection.  If you're fine with scars from a lift, see a surgeon who will allow you to choose between a lollipop and benelli lift and also who would use the same incisions on the breasts rather then the axillary approach.  And then allow you to pick gel or saline.  If you want your nipples higher, you have to have a lift.

Curtis Wong, MD

Lift or no lift

+1

Your question brings up an important distiction in breast enhancement. The decision to do a lift or not do a lift is based on 2 criteria. 1) The position of the nipple relative to the inframammary fold as seen on lateral view. 2) The relationship between the skin envelope and the volume of the breast. When adding an implant, and thus adding volume, you will improve the relationship of a loose skin envelope to a lesser volume, and thus not require a lift. Since your nipple is above the level of your fold on side view, you really don't need a lift to end up with a nice shape with your implant. A Benelli "lift" can also be used to reduce a large areola, but this does not apply to you either. Best of luck!

Tamir Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Bellini Lift with Saline Implants?

+1

I am not really convinced that a lift is in your best interest at this time. There is some asymmetry, but I don't think a Benelli lift will necessarily correct that. Nipple and areola positions are really normal appearing.

I would favor doing the augmentation alone, understanding that in 6 months you might want to consider a lift. I feel that if you did a Benelli lift now, you still might have to consider another lift in six months.

My particular incision preference is not the axilla, but any of the incisions done properly should have a good outcome. I do feel that you should reconsider the choice of implants and consider using silicone.

All the best. 

Implants with or without a lift

+1

Hi Crystalp31211

Thanks for the question. Based on your pics, I would suggest just doing the implants. When you look at the side view, the nipple position sits forward and is ABOVE the breast crease. That is a critical issue in terms of keeping a youthful perky breast shape. I prefer to use silicone and an under the breast incision, but each plastic surgeon has their preference on what they think looks best. You can always have a lift in the future, but not having one now does NOT burn any bridges. 
Best to you. 

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon