Bbl or lipo with fat transfer to hips? Same procedure or huge difference? (Photo)

Small build female naturally curvy and petite. 5'1 and about 127lbs.Would like lipo on tummy and above booty to make it stand out more and fill out or round out hips ( I have a hip dents). Not sure what to ask for while I call around for consultations. Is there a huge price diffrence?

+1
Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us.

With the BBL, your surgeon will take fat from your body, in most cases your abdomen, and transfer it to areas of your butt, working to create the perfect structure and contour.

We cannot be certain without a consultation, but I believe that you could certainly achieve the results you are looking through a BBL. But an in person consultation is the only way to determine the means to reach your body goals. Remember, only consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in the BBL and body contouring. And don't be afraid to request before-and-after pictures. Every surgeon has a different style, so you want to be sure your vision is reflected in the work they have done.

It is all about designing the perfect plan for You.

In my patients, they can expect between 60-80% of the fat to survive. The survival rate depends both on the genetics of your body and the skill of the surgeon. Post surgery, you should follow the plan laid out to you by your surgeon, and avoid putting pressure on your backside (sitting) when possible.

Good luck, please let us know how it goes.

- Dr. Constantino Mendieta

Bbl or lipo with fat transfer to hips? Same procedure or huge difference?

+1
These procedures can be done in combination or separately.  Find a BBL expert who performs hundreds of BBLs each year and has great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Hip fat transfer

+1
These are very similar procedures, the difference is the location where the fat is transferred to. Hip fat transfer could require less amount and time. 

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

BBL or lipo with fat transfer

+1
It is basically the same procedure to do a Bbl or lipo with fat transfer to hips or waist. Best to be seen in person.

+1
The important thing to consider when making your decision, is what is best for your desired look, needs, and body type. The best way to find out what is your best option is to consult with board-certified plastic surgeons in person. 

Daniel Shapiro, MD

+1
In my office we charge less for fat transfer to the hips than a full BBL. While the procedures are very similar, there is less volume transferred to the hips than to the buttocks. The surgery is, therefore, shorter, and you should be paying less. You should consult with a Board Certified PS with extensive experience performing the BBL as well as  transferring fat to the hips. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

BBL procedure

+1
A physical exam is really needed to make any recommendations. The amount of volume that can be added to your buttock will be limited by the amount of excess fat you have in your donor sites. The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. Please visit with a board certified plastic surgeon to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Fat transfer to the hip area

+1
Hello Dallasgrl,

The set up, price, and recovery for BBL and for lipo and fat transfer the hip area would be nearly identical.  I would just inquire about BBL for ease of communication and then discuss your goals of hip fat transfer during your consultation.  The link below is from one of my patient whom I performed hip fat transfer.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD