Alternative to Standard Tummy Tuck? Would Laser Treatments Be Better?

I'm a mother of a beautiful baby boy & have a loose tummy. I'm very petite, 5'2" 110 pounds, small frame, and honestly have been blessed with my mothers good genes, which left me with no stretch marks or hanging skin. My stomach is flat. As much as I realize how lucky I am & should be happy that I don't have other issues, the loose skin drives me crazy. Since there's not much to "tuck", is it possible to pull the skin taught with an incision in the belly button? Would laser therepy be better?

Laser treatment is no substitute for abdominoplasty.

+1

There is no way to significantly tighten skin. Laser therapy has no role in the postpartum abdomen.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,21-atlanta-abdominoplast.htm

Tightening loose skin

+1

is not very successful and I would encourage you to get any guarantees in writing before you spend money on external devices.  Surgery is unlikely to help from your description and scars around the belly button, as conceptually simple as it sounds, do not leave good scars that would allow you to show your belly in public.  If you really need an answer, see a local plastic surgeon and let them help you through this.

Mini maybe

+1

If you don't have a lot of loose excess skin- a mini might be appropriate. Periumbilical procedures are not very successful. Perhaps Titan or another modality might "help" but unlikely to totally correct . Need to see a plastic surgeon for most accurate advice

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Alternatives to tummy tuck

+1

It is hard to comment without examining you in person. However, loose skin cannot be treated with laser therapy.  Depending on the amount of skin laxity, you may be a good candidate for full-tummy tuck or mini tummy tuck.  Please have a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can examine you and advise you on the best option for your loose skin.

Web reference: http://www.drkimplasticsurgery.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.