After having childen I "let myself go" and now I want to look good. Should I have surgery? Which areas should I work on? (Photo)

I specifically want to know should I diet and exercise or get the surgery ? And what areas would I need to work on !

Should I have surgery or loose weight??

+1
Hi,

It is always best for patients to loose as much weight as possible before undergoing any type of surgical procedure as your results will be better and your risk for complications is reduced. I suggest you begin with abdominal strengthening exercises to help reduce your food intake and facilitate weight loss. Once you reach a plateau; a tummy tuck with mesh will help with further weight reduction and maintain your weight loss. Liposuction may not be needed. I imagine your breasts have also taken a toll. There is a new technique that lifts breasts with minimal scarring and no implants. Do your homework. 

Best wishes to you in your weight loss goal!!

Kind regards,
Gary Horndeski M.D. 

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Should I have surgery? Which areas should I work on?

+1
I recommend to diet and exercise losing as much weight on your own first before having surgery. Getting within 10 pounds of your ideal weight will help you achieve the best results.  Once the weight is lost, then I would suggest a Mommy Makeover which consists of a Tummy Tuck, liposuction in the abdomen, flanks, waist area as well as fat grafting in buttocks.

Alfonso Gonzalez Cepeda, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Surgery

+1
I tell all my patients to try to get to their desired weight prior to surgery as weight loss after surgery may negatively affect their result.  furhtermore after weight loss you will know better what areas you would like to see improved.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

After having childen I "let myself go" and now I want to look good. Should I have surgery? Which areas should I work on?

+1
Good for you.   I feel the best approach would be liposuction of the flanks along with a full tummy tuck with muscle tightening   Best to you

Constance M. Barone, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Exercise VS Surgery

+1
Although dieting and exercise will improve your health and weight , It will not correct the loose skin on your abdomen.

If you decide to undergo surgery now, and your pre op tests are in normal range ,you seem to be a good candidate for Full back liposuction with BBL and Tummy tuck. Starting with tummy tuck and waist lipo is also a very good option. 

Exercise and a healthy diet should be in your plans before and after surgery for best results. 

Best wishes 

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD

Trunk Rejuvenation

+1
Good Morning!

Congrats on your decision for rejuvenative plastic surgery!  Many young moms have situations similar to yours where they have focused so much time and energy on their children that they have forgotten that it is OK to do something for yourself as well.

Looking at your photos, I would recommned a full tummy tuck with liposuction of your abdomen flanks and lower back with plication of your abdominal fascia.  I would also recommend trying your best to lose a few pounds before surgery- it will greatly enhance your result.

Let us know how it goes.

Robert Steely, MD