Am I a good candidate for Restylane? If not what procedures would correct my under eye area? I'm 31 (Photo)

I'm 31 and my eyes have started to look very wrinkled when I smile. Plus the look very tired all the time. What can I do?

Fillers Are a Good Option

+1
Thank you for submitting your photos. Restylane and BELOTERO BALANCE are excellent fillers for the tear trough region. They will help soften the junction between the eyelid skin and the cheek skin. This may also help camouflage any dark circles, although it is not the ideal treatment for that problem. Skin tightening can be used to help reduce the fine wrinkling that is present, and this can be best done by a CO2 laser. There are other less invasive treatments that can accomplish the wrinkle reduction, though. Wrinkles that are present while you smile are due to muscle movement and/or bunching of skin and there is currently no good treatment for that issue. Talk to a board-certified plastic surgeon about your best options.

Under Eye Treatments

+1
There are a couple of options available. The least invasive option is starting with a good eye cream. Lasers can help the skin laxity around this area. Botox will help immobilize the area to reduce the wrinkles. Fillers can help around the obicular rim to help with volume loss.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Restytlane under the eyes

+1
Restylane is a great filler under the eyes and would make you look less tired.  The fine lines can be treated with eMatrix just under the eyes.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with these facial injections. 

Michele S. Green, MD

Fillers for under eye hollows, not so much wrinkles

+1
Fillers can get rid of or improve the dark circles under your eyes, which give you tired appearance. However, they won't help much with wrinkles during smiling.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon