I am 5'7" 140lbs, 34 AAA, will 400cc make me bigger than a full C cup? (photos)

Hi, my surgery is in 17 days. My pre-op is tomorrow. I am 5'7" 140lbs, 34 AAA, I believe my bwd is 13. I am getting moderate plus profile silicone gel implants. As of today I am getting 401cc right, and 435cc left. I want to make sure this will not put me bigger than a C cup. I am wanting a natural look, and feel. In my opinion a D cup would be way to large for me. Please, any feedback would be helpful. I also included a picture of what I am WANTING to look like.

400 cc breast implants should make you a full C cup in the same style bra you now wear

+3
Thank you for your question.  It is most important that during your consultation you undergo a breast implant sizing evaluation where specially shaped implants are placed into your non-padded bra.

It is important to choose the look you want and not specific cup size as the same size bra can be labeled a different cup sizes a different retailers.

Generally speaking 200 cc of breast implant can increase breast size by 1 cup.  Therefore 400 cc breast implants should increase you to a C cup in the same brand and style bra you are wearing.

For more information on choosing breast implant size please read the following link:

Choosing implants

+1
Your best bet when you are trying to decide on implants is to try on sizers of the exact implant you are considering inside a very tight sports bra. This will give you a close idea of what you will look like. More importantly the dimensions or width of the implants need to match and fit your frame and body. If you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in breast augmentation he or she should be able to help you with this in their office. Good luck! best, Dean Vistnes, M.D

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cup size is not important

+1
Thank you for your pictures. Based on your before picture and your desired look picture I think that you can achieve this. Focus much less all your cup size and more on achieving desired result.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Cup size

+1
Don't focus on cup size as there are too many variables between bras. Focus on look/proportion. Your surgeon should know since he/she examined you. While I am not convinced that the size you will be getting on your frame with your current breast volume and height will be a "c". that is not the point. Only whether or not you have "the look" you desire.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Cup size after surgery

+1
I would encourage you to not focus on cup size, although I am obviously well aware that such is the measurement with which women are most familiar.  Cup size is not standardized and varies from one bra manufacturer to another.  While cup size may be helpful in the initial part of the discussion of breast augmentation goals, I would encourage you to focus on bust fullness, figure blance and breast shape.  

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

Silicone Breast Implant Size Selection

+1
Congratulations on your upcoming procedure. This is a common question for breast augmentation patients. There is no way to predict what bra size you will be. There is no industry standard for bra sizing. This is just a number you need to let go of. Instead, focus on your goal picture. The one you have posted seems very reasonable for your anatomy. Based on the numbers you gave, it sounds like your surgeon is in agreement with a range and a plan that will get you close to that goal. Best of luck on your recovery.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Breast implant sizing

+1
It sounds like you are in the correct range.  If you try on sizers at the PS office that will help guide you.  Nothing is perfect, but they can tell you if 200 or 700 cc is your perceived goal.  I use sizers during many breast surgeries to help see "how you wear the implant," and that helps. Best of luck to you. 

James E. Chappell, MD

Sizing

+1
Its impossible to predict bra size, cup size is all to do with projection and not volume, its essential to the success that you forget bra size and concentrate on implants that fit your body

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

I am 5'7" 140lbs, 34 AAA, will 400cc make me bigger than a full C cup?

+1
To me sounds like your chosen PS is right ion target with the size options for your asymmetry. good luck.

Choosing the Correct Implant Size

+1
Thank you for your question about breast augmentation.
Choosing the right implant is your second most important decision. After choosing the right surgeon!
Implant choices are scary because they can be complicated.
  • Size depends on your height, weight, chest circumference, chest measurements, skin looseness, goals and much more. You really need your plastic surgeon to work with you to help you find the right one. The answers aren't found on-line.
  • Bra sizes are misleading - the same woman can wear a B, C or D cup, depending on bra style and manufacturer.
  • Photos are misleading too - implants look different in different people and an implant can look much larger or smaller in a photo than it will look on you.
  • As a general rule - but it may not apply to you - an implant of 300 or below adds a cup size or less, 350 - 450 adds two cup sizes.
  • Larger implants are fashionable but harder to live with long-term.
When in doubt, return to your plastic surgeon for a second measurement or fitting. Or get a second opinion from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon before your surgery. Don't panic - implant size differences can be subtle. Chances are you will be very pleased with your choice! Hope this helps.

EM

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD