I am 5'7" 140lbs, 34 AAA, will 400cc make me bigger than a full C cup? (photos)

Hi, my surgery is in 17 days. My pre-op is tomorrow. I am 5'7" 140lbs, 34 AAA, I believe my bwd is 13. I am getting moderate plus profile silicone gel implants. As of today I am getting 401cc right, and 435cc left. I want to make sure this will not put me bigger than a C cup. I am wanting a natural look, and feel. In my opinion a D cup would be way to large for me. Please, any feedback would be helpful. I also included a picture of what I am WANTING to look like.

The right implant for you...

+2
There are several factors that plastic surgeons consider when recommending implant sizes. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

400 cc breast implants should make you a full C cup in the same style bra you now wear

+2
Thank you for your question.  It is most important that during your consultation you undergo a breast implant sizing evaluation where specially shaped implants are placed into your non-padded bra.

It is important to choose the look you want and not specific cup size as the same size bra can be labeled a different cup sizes a different retailers.

Generally speaking 200 cc of breast implant can increase breast size by 1 cup.  Therefore 400 cc breast implants should increase you to a C cup in the same brand and style bra you are wearing.

For more information on choosing breast implant size please read the following link:

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

I am 5'7" 140lbs, 34 AAA, will 400cc make me bigger than a full C cup?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs, you are starting at a great place and should have a very nice outcome with breast augmentation surgery.   In regards to specific size/profile of breast implant, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you  with  meaningful specific advice.  Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work. Given your concerns, I would suggest that you spend additional time with your plastic surgeon. 

2.  Again, have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full C cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of computer imaging may be very helpful during this communication phase.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.  The use of temporary intraoperative sizers, viewing the patient's breasts in the upright and supine position, are very helpful during the breast implant selection process.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Choosing implants

+1
Your best bet when you are trying to decide on implants is to try on sizers of the exact implant you are considering inside a very tight sports bra. This will give you a close idea of what you will look like. More importantly the dimensions or width of the implants need to match and fit your frame and body. If you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon with an expertise in breast augmentation he or she should be able to help you with this in their office. Good luck! best, Dean Vistnes, M.D

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cup size is not important

+1
Thank you for your pictures. Based on your before picture and your desired look picture I think that you can achieve this. Focus much less all your cup size and more on achieving desired result.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Cup size

+1
Don't focus on cup size as there are too many variables between bras. Focus on look/proportion. Your surgeon should know since he/she examined you. While I am not convinced that the size you will be getting on your frame with your current breast volume and height will be a "c". that is not the point. Only whether or not you have "the look" you desire.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Cup size after surgery

+1
I would encourage you to not focus on cup size, although I am obviously well aware that such is the measurement with which women are most familiar.  Cup size is not standardized and varies from one bra manufacturer to another.  While cup size may be helpful in the initial part of the discussion of breast augmentation goals, I would encourage you to focus on bust fullness, figure blance and breast shape.  

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

Silicone Breast Implant Size Selection

+1
Congratulations on your upcoming procedure. This is a common question for breast augmentation patients. There is no way to predict what bra size you will be. There is no industry standard for bra sizing. This is just a number you need to let go of. Instead, focus on your goal picture. The one you have posted seems very reasonable for your anatomy. Based on the numbers you gave, it sounds like your surgeon is in agreement with a range and a plan that will get you close to that goal. Best of luck on your recovery.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Breast implant sizing

+1
It sounds like you are in the correct range.  If you try on sizers at the PS office that will help guide you.  Nothing is perfect, but they can tell you if 200 or 700 cc is your perceived goal.  I use sizers during many breast surgeries to help see "how you wear the implant," and that helps. Best of luck to you. 

James E. Chappell, MD

Sizing

+1
Its impossible to predict bra size, cup size is all to do with projection and not volume, its essential to the success that you forget bra size and concentrate on implants that fit your body

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC