Do I need revision rhinoplasty? (photo)

I am two years post-op and I am considering a revision rhinoplasty. What needs to be done to my nose to achieve a more symmetrical desired result that fits my face?

Revision Rhinoplasty Goals

+2
Thank you for the picture. Revision rhinoplasty is a challenging and an in-person assessment is absolutely essential.  That said, I believe that your nose is a bit too wide for your face.  I also see some assymmetry in the lower part of your tip.  I recommend seeing a few consultations before making a decision.  Your relationship with your revision surgeon is very important.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty

+2
I think that if you are considering a revision rhinoplasty you need to be seen in person to be evaluated for soft tissue pliability, and allow an exam in all views to determine what your concerns are and whether or not they can be corrected..

Need for a revision rhinoplasty?

+2
I do see reasons for you considering a revision rhinoplasty, and given that you are more than a year from your first operation, there is no reason you could not safely undergo such a procedure. I honestly do not see much asymmetry, and I do not think you could expect to improve symmetry. However, your nose does look large and wide for your face, and those issues could definitely be addressed.  Understanding what was done during the first procedure ( was cartilage added), and what your nose looked like before undergoing rhinoplasty would help in giving you a better idea what to expect. I would definitely consult with a surgeon who has experience in revision rhinoplasties.  Greater experience, and skill in surgical dissection are necessary.  Nevertheless, in a skilled surgeon's hands, you should be able to confidently gain an improvement in the proportions of your nose to your face, and a natural appearing result.

Thomas A. Mustoe, MD, FACS

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1
Dear reten, thank you for your question.Revision rhinoplasty is a complex procedure that requires experience and skill, and is a focus of our San Diego practice. Look for an experienced board certified Facial Plastic Surgeon who can demonstrate excellent results. Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty candidate

+1
It's important to be very clear and specific with your rhinoplasty surgeon upon exactly what you would like to change regarding your nose.  The nose is a three-dimensional structure, so it's difficult to give an opinion based on only one straight-on photograph. From only the one photograph, the nose appears wide and could certainly be narrowed with osteotomies to the nasal bones and suture techniques to the lower lateral cartilages to give more refinement. The nose looks symmetrical from the photograph presented. For many examples of rhinoplasty, please see the link below