How Much More Will my Body Improve? (photo)

I am a mother of a 5 year old boy. Only recently have I finally found the workout and diet that works for me and have successfully lost 35lbs. However my stomach is still a bit rough looking and I don't know how much more improvement I will obtain even if I lose 10-15 more lbs. What do I need to expect? Possible tuck? I really want to avoid this since I easily gain weight and don't want to get lipo if I can avoid it.

How much will my Body improve?

+2

Congratulations on your weight loss! Thanks for the picture.  In reviewing your picture it appears that you do have some loose abdominal skin. This is very common after pregnancy.   With additional weight loss your abdominal area may become worse. My recommendations to you would be once you are at your ideal weight and maintain that weight for at least 6 months - 1 year,  you would be a good candidate for a Tummy Tuck.  The Tummy tuck procedure would remove the excess loose skin that is bothering you and tighten up your abdomen. This will give you the firm and smooth abdomen that you are looking for.   I don't believe you would be a good candidate for  Abdominal Liposuction because your skin does not appear to have the best elasticity in that area.  When and if you do decide to proceed with a Tummy Tuck make sure you use a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Good Luck with your quest for that Body that you are working so hard to achieve!

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

How Much More Will my Body Improve

+1

Congratulations on the weight loss. Continued weight loss will give more of the improvement you have already seen, but will not result in tightening of the excess skin.

Only surgical treatment (tummy tuck) can accomplish improvement of that problem. It can also tighten the abdominal wall, a problem that I can't tell from this photo if you have.

Best bet is a consultation with a plastic surgeon When you are ready for an in person consultation,

RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.. 

Not likely it will improve

+1

Once you are at the weight you feel best by, try to stay on that weight for some time (a year if possible)

Most likely you will have excess skin left that then can be treated with an operation. Non-surgical treatments will cost you but will not benefit you! Nor will liposuction.

So either accept the fact that it will not change a lot, or go for an operation by a board certified plastic surgeon with an interest in aesthetics, preferebly an ISAPS and/or ASAPS member.

good luck,

Ivar van Heijningen, MD
Belgium Plastic Surgeon

How Much More Will my Body Improve?

+1

You appear to have some loose skin on your abdomen.  The skin tends to become worse with additional weight loss.  I think that a tummy tuck would make a significant improvement in your contours, but the decision for surgery always comes from the patient.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs HUNDREDS of tummy tucks each year.  Look at the surgeon's website before and after photos to determine who will get you to your goals.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA