What would need to be done in revision rhinoplasty to get a more attractive result? (Photo)

I am 2.5 years post op and I am debating on getting a revision rhinoplasty to impove my result. I feel now my nasal bones are a bit wide, tip is slightly asymmetric and my profile is not smooth. I'm really scared and just need a second opinion. What would need to be done to give me a natural, attractive result? Any recommendations on revision rhinoplasty surgeons?

Revision rhinoplasty to narrow a wide nose

+2
Revision rhinoplasty  can narrow the wide nose with osteotomies placed in the nasal bones.  It  would also help to raise the bridge slightly in the supra tip area of the nose with a small cartilage graft which would also add height and narrowness to the bridge line. For many examples of how we have narrowed wide nasal bones, please see the link below

Revision rhinoplasty to improve results

+2
Dear renten2012,

• For the profile view, you can do a combination of bringing the tip back a couple of millimeters and then raising the bridge a millimeter or two for balance (raising the bridge will also make it look more narrow)
  • On frontal view, you can narrow the tip and reset the nasal bones closer together for the look you want
  • There are some great surgeons in Dallas, check out RealSelf for doctors with great reviews and before and after pictures (Dr Spencer Cochran is a very skilled and thoughtful surgeon in Dallas)
  • See a rhinoplasty specialist whose main work is rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Revision rhinoplasty for more attractive result?

+1
Hello, and sorry to hear you are not pleased with the result of your surgery. With a revision rhinoplasty, it is possible to address the following:

1) Wide nasal bones - Osteotomies can be performed to bring the bones in.
2) Tip symmetry - the tip can be made more symmetric. Keep in mind that we all have asymmetry to some degree
3) Refine the profile - autologous tissue and cartilage can be used to enhance the profile view.

When looking for a revision surgeon, it is important to consider the following:

1) Credentials
2) Board certification
3) A good amount of before and after photos showcasing the surgeon's work
4) Great patient testimonials
5) An informative website
6) Experience performing revisions

I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Considering revision rhinoplasty

+1
The choice to undergo is a personal decision made by the patient and upon consultation with a trusted surgeon. A wide nasal bridge can be improved with osteotomies and the assymetry in the tip and bridge can be corrected with a combination of cartilage spreader graft and repositioning the nasal tip in an extension graft. The profile can be smoothed out with a rasp and a small onlay graft if needed. Consulting with a facial plastic surgeon can help to further delineate your concerns.

Best regards,

Dr. Jose Barrera

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty for more attractive result

+1
You appear to have a reasonable result based on these limited photos. Furthermore, your preoperative photos would help in determining what further refinement is possible. Only in person evaluation can answer your question completely. An experienced and talented Rhinoplasty surgeon can improve some of the nasal features that you identified.

Boris M. Ackerman, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon