Pain After 2 Weeks?

I am having lots of pain in right breast to the point don't touch. I am 2 weeks post op I had 250 cc silicone under muscle incision under breast, it almost feels like the implant is in the middle of my chest. I am to the point I want these out. I have had a allergy to the surgical glue and after a week is still there and now this. The right nipple is also hypersensitive. I am getting pretty depressed I did this.

Breast augmentation and concerns

+2

It is best to see your doctor to evaluate your breasts to make sure that what you are experiencing is normal. It is difficult to say without the exam.  Good luck.

Pain after implants

+1

It is hard to tell what is going on just by your description. Please see your PS asap as this may be a problem.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Pain after 2 weeks (Breast Aug)

+1

Your breasts are settling and the nerve has become irritated. You are still early in healing and the issues you have mentioned will subside over time. I know it must be hard to deal with this but it really does get better. If you are this concerned then you should speak with your plastic surgeon and have him/ her correlate the symptoms with an exam.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Pain from stretched nerves feels like a deep ache or burn

+1

What happens is the lateral intercostal nerves, those that come up between the ribs, were stretched by your activity and the implant.  The result is a shooting, stabbing type pain.  At times this pain can feel like a deep burn or an ache.  Gentle massage along the lateral edge of the breast usually helps.  This pain is not usually indicative of any problem with the implant or  your result and will get better over time.

Significant asymmetric pain after breast augmentation should be evaluated by the surgeon.

+1

Most patients experience different levels of pain in each breast after breast augmentation. If there is a major difference particularly associated with asymmetry in volume then your surgeon should evaluate it.

Unresolved Post Operative Pain?

+1

Despite best intentions, online consultants will not be able to be of much help to you. You should be aware however that issues such as allergies,  postoperative “depression” and/or nipple hypersensitivity are temporary.  Your plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to evaluating  the discomfort you are having.

At this point, my best advice would be to continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon, try to stay as emotionally even keeled and patient as possible,  and allow for several months to pass before evaluating the end results of the procedure performed. Hopefully, that point, you will be pleased with the outcome and your decision to have had breast augmentation surgery.

Pain After 2 Weeks?

+1

These issues will be best discussed in person with your surgeon rather than by online consultants who don't know you and haven't followed your recovery. Some of the symptoms may well have simple treatment short of removing the implants. All the best.