Dallas Breast Lift and Brazilian Butt Lift Doctor Recommendations

I am thinking of having both Breast Lift and Brazillian Butt Lift done by the same doctor. Can anyone recommend to me a good doctor in Dallas who can perform both procedures in one surgery?

Combining mastopexy and brazilian butt lift - Probably not safe.

+2

Thanks for your question -

In our San Francisco area practice we do a great number of brazilian butt lifts and occasionally can combine them with other procedures.

When considering when to combine operations things to think about include length of surgery, can the operations be combined safely and what is the benefit to combining these procedures.

Autologous fat transfer in experienced hands typically takes at least 4 hours and can take as many as six. Transferring the fat carefully to maximize fat survival is the most laborious part of the operation. Adding 2 more hours for a mastopexy (that's our average in my office) is significant and would likely mean a longer operative time than warranted for the benefit of combining the surgery.

The other issue is the timing of the surgeries. You'd likely have to perform the lift after you've injected the fat (you wouldn't want to be laying on newly lifted breasts and you have to be prone (on your stomach) during the fat transfer). This means a longer time laying on your back side which may also affect the longevity of the fat.

Talk to a board certified plastic surgeon experienced with these procedures. Good luck.

Dallas Breast Lift and Brazilian Butt Lift Doctors

+1

The ASPS website has a physician locator which is a good starting point to find qualified surgeons in your area. Dr. Fred Hackney and Dr. Steven White are two possibilities.  Consult with 2 - 3 surgeons in your area to find one with the requisite skills, experience, and understanding of your objectives.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Breast Lift and Brazilian Butt Lift in ONE Procedure - NOT a great combination

+1

Regarding: "Dallas Breast Lift and Brazilian Butt Lift Doctor Recommendations
I am thinking of having both Breast Lift and Brazillian Butt Lift done by the same doctor. Can anyone recommend to me a good doctor in Dallas who can perform both procedures in one surgery
?"

Dallas is home to MANY good Plastic surgeons. You should have no trouble finding excellent care there by going to our society's website at wwwplasticsurgeryorg. You will have a hard time finding an ethical surgeon who will be willing to do THIS particular combination of Breast Lift and Brazilian Butt Lift at the same time due to positioning. In a Brazilian Butt Lift fat needs to first be harvested either from the tummy and then the lower back and then transferred to the buttocks. This requires being placed on the tummy / chest for the transfer phase of the operation. No one would perform a Breast Lift and then position you on the just closed breasts for a few hours while the lower back was suctioned and fat was transferred to the buttocks, risking the breast wounds being separated. Similarly, after grafting the buttocks, few of us would place the patient back on her buttocks to do as few hours of breast lifting. I suggest you do it in two stages.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Surgeon in Dallas

+1

The best way to start out in your search for a surgeon in Dallas is to visit the ASPS or ASAPS websites to find a doctor in your community.

Brazilian Butt lift and breast lift combined as safe, successful outpatient surgery

+1

I routinely perform Brazilian butt lifts which is body contouring with liposuction and placing purified fat injections back into the buttock to fill out, shape, and add contour improvements to the buttock. I have examples of this technique on my website. I also devote a large proportion of my practice, probably the majority, to aesthetic breast surgery, and I do many mastopexies (breast lifts). I am comfortable and familiar with doing these procedures in combination, and this can be done very safely and effectively depending on the expertise of the surgeon and the facility.

At our state-of-the-art and fully-accredited surgicenter in Houston, a Brazilian butt lifts and contouring takes about 2 hours and a breast lift can take up to 2 hours. For combination plastic surgical procedures a 4 hour procedure is not an excessive length of time from a safety standpoint. Depending on the volumes of liposuction that were removed, we usually would be able to send the patient home the same day, other times they may stay overnight in our overnight rooms at our facility. I hope this helps! As a Houston board certified plastic surgeon, I see a number of patients from Dallas and would be happy to see you in consultation anytime.

James F. Boynton, MD

Breast lift, buttock augmentation

+1

To combine these procedures depends on the patient's overall health and the length of surgery involved. Usually, a buttock augmentation can take between 2-3 hours, while a breast lift can tak anywhere from 1-3 hours, depending on the patient's particular anatomy. For outpatient procedures, it's safest to keep the total operating time under 6 hours, as a general guideline. Surgery which lasts longer than this may require an overnight stay at a medical facility or aftercare facility.

More importantly, is the patient's overall health. Medical clearance by the patient's internist or family physician is important prior to such a combination procedure.

Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who operates in a fully-accredited facility which has an overnight observation unit available.

William Bruno, MD

Combined butt lift and breast lift surgery

+1

Although many of us perform both operations, many of us would be reluctant to perform both at the same procedure.

A Brazilian Butt Lift involves a slow process of fat harvest and re-injection of fat using a microinjection technique. It can take several hours to perform the procedure and we ask you to minimize sitting for the first 2 weeks.

A breast lift (mastopexy), depending on the types of incisions required and whether or not an implant is needed, can add 2-3 hours to the procedure. It's a lot of surgery to have at one time and could make for an awkward recovery.

Sam Jejurikar, MD