Am I a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck or would you suggest a full tummy tuck? (photo)

I am 22 happily married with 3 children, I had my first when I was 15 which is when I received all my stretch marks, my 2nd pregnancy caused the saggy and droopy skin. My 3rd pregnancy hasn't seemed to cause anymore damage that wasn't already done. I delivered only 2 months ago. I'm just curious about what procedure I would get the best results from. I do not plan on having anymore children and I would like a breast augmentation as we'll invade that helps at all with your answer.

Am I a good candidate for a mini tummy tuck or would you suggest a full tummy tuck?

+2

A tummy tuck will remove much more skin and produce a much nicer contour. Breast augmentation can be performed at the same time. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tummy tuck surgery

+2

You would likely be a best candidate for a full tummy tuck. You have too many stretch marks for a mini tummy tuck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

+2

You would need a full tummy tuck and for optimal results you should consider liposuction of the love handles as well.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Would you suggest a full tummy tuck?

+2

I'm afraid a MiniTT would be a waste of time and money and would correct only a tiney part of the problem. We get this question a lot and I understand how patients would like to do less, but a mini TT has very little application.I see several patients each year that had a mini tt done somewhere a few years earlier, come back and have to get a full TT because they are not happy. But in your case it would be wise to wait at least 6 months or more after delivery before considering any surgery.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Mini vs full tummy tuck: how to decide

+2

The general rule is that if the upper abdominal skin is smooth and firm but there is limited laxity of the lower abdominal skin, then a mini might be considered. This is most often not the case after multiple pregnancies so a full tummy tuck is probably the way to go. See a plastic surgeon for a consultation to determine what is best for your specific situation.

Richard Baxter, MD

A full tummy tuck will provide the best results

+2

Thank you for your question and photo. From your description and photo you look to be a good candidate for a full tummy tuck. I don't think a mini will give you the best results. Tummy tucks are often combined with breast augmentation, so you seem to be on the right track there. The tummy tuck will take care of some of the stretch marks as well. Best regards.

Sarah A. Mess, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck recommendations

+2

I would recommend a full tummy tuck if not a circumferential tummy tuck. You have a lot of stretch marks. The only way to get rid of as many as possible is to go through with the surgery. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD