How Can I Have a More Dainty Nose Without Looking Overdone?

I think the bulbous tip is the main culprit and I'd like to have that corrected. Would I even notice the difference if I just had the tip corrected? Would that give me the appearance of a more dainty and feminine nose?

Rhinoplasty for a Dainty Nose

+3

Thank you for your question. You are pretty and have a very nice strong normal nose.

Most important for you is modification and reduction and elevation or superior rotation of the nasal tip.

However, once you have a smaller dainty nasal tip, the rest of the nose must match it.

Therefore I agree that narrowing of the nasal bones and removal of the dorsal hump or bump is required.

So a full Rhinoplasty with tip modification is required.

Don't be mislead by marketing terms-a Rhinoplasty is a Rhinoplasty.

Instead search for an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has many years of good results and an excellent reputation for Rhinoplasty in your community. He/she will possess the "finesse" necessary to give you a "natural" result-all truly experienced Rhinoplasty surgeons should.

Natural rhinoplasty.

+2
I have done rhinoplasty and revision rhinoplasty for more than 30 years---but that is NOT the reason to go to any surgeon. No matter what they say look at the kind of noses they do AND meet with their patients to see if they really do natural noses.

A small change in the nose can make a big change in the face.

+2

Hi.

From your pictures, I think you should do well with a "finesse" rhinoplasty.  But I would not just do the tip.  Your nose is a little long, and that should be addressed (very subtly).

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

+2

How Can I Have a More Dainty Nose Without Looking Overdone?  I have performed Rhinoplasty for over 20 years and the nose should never look "done" when Rhinoplasty is properly performed based on the aesthetics of beauty.  From your photos, I agree that the biggest aesthetic issue is the nasal tip.  this can be thiined and refined to look sleek and natural.  You should also consider thinning the nasal bridge and removing the slight hump.

More danty not overdone

+2

First I would see someone with experience performing rhinoplasty. I have found it useful to use a computer to help the individual visualize a potential result. I would visit with a few surgeons and get a sense of what each views as your problems and compare their vision to your vision re your nose.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Dainty

+2

thanks for the pictures but, i need to ssee lateral views to fully evaluate you nose. From what i see you sweem to have a drooping tip making your nose look long

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Rhinoplasty without looking over done

+2

Rhinoplasty takes care planning, and the best way to get the result which will please you is to clearly demonstrate what you like and hope to see after surgery. This is why we like computer imaging, as it allows us to 'try' results and changes and see how things look and measure up. Over done on the computer can be deleted or adjusted. Over done after surgery is a problem.

peterejohnsonmd

See an experienced surgeon

+2

The art of rhinoplasty walks a thin line between "better" or "more refined" and overdone. You need to see an experienced rhinoplastic surgeon who can talk to you to determine what you want and explain to you what can be done.

There is no magic here, it is all experience and planning.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery may lead to improvement in the appearance of your bulbous tip.

+2

I read your concerns and reviewed the photos you posted. You appear to have a wide tip that tends to droop with smiling. Rhinoplasty Surgery may be employed to address these concerns, and in the right hands, result in an improved appearance.

If you want to improve the appearance of your nose, you should consult several rhinoplasty specialists for an in-person evaluation, with computer-imaging, to determine what you could expect to achieve following nose job surgery. Dr. Joseph.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

More dainty without looking overdone

+2

To make your nose more dainty without looking overdone.....this is the art of rhinoplasty.

My personal philosophy is that patients should look like themselves after surgery, just more refined.  I believe the ideal nose does not stand out or make people think you had surgery, but blends into the face to bring attention to other beautiful features like the eyes and mouth.

From your photos, you appear to be a good candidate for rhinoplasty, however it is always impossible to truly assess you without a physical exam.  I would recommend you see a plastic surgeon in consultation.  He/she will be able to assess your personal anatomy and the two of you should work as a team to understand what you hope to look like.  Communication is key in rhinoplasty.  The surgeon and patient should always be on the same page.  Some tools that may help are 1) bring in some photos of noses you like.  Although everyone is different, your surgeon will at least be able to tell you whether or not what you desire can be achieved with your given anatomy.  2)  Bring in photos of noses you don't like and why you don't like them.  This is also helpful to letting your surgeon know what to avoid.  3)  If your surgeon has photo recreation software, the two of you should spend some time seeing what changes will look like on your face.  Although it is never a promise of exactly what you will look like, it is a good tool to help the two of you communication and understand each other better.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD