I Had Septo Rhinoplasty and is my Nose a Strange Shape? Revision Needed? (photo)

I had septoplasty and rhinoplasty about 5 months ago but i had this cause i could not breath through the one side of my nose cause i broke it years ago i think the swelling has gone down at lot but the its a weird shape do you think its still healing and would it look much different later on or will i need a revision? Thank you.

5 months after rhinoplasty

+1

You will still have swelling after 5 months. Swelling can give the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. It would be best to give it a little time and see how you heal before coming to any conclusions about the final result. In general, 70% of the swelling is resolved after the first 3 months, and the remainder goes down over time. it can take 18-24 months to see the final result. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon about any immediate post-operative concerns. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery.

Could Be Swelling, Be Patient

+1

Even though you may think all of your swelling is gone at 5 months post op, swelling can still be present after a rhinoplasty or revision rhinoplasty for up to two years in some cases. I'd recommend that you be patient for the next several months while your swelling diminishes. If you're concerned, it's always a good idea to go to your plastic surgeon for routine follow up visits.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

I Had Septo Rhinoplasty and is my Nose a Strange Shape? Revision Needed?

+1

Very under exposed posted photos so very hard to see the "weird shape" you are describing. Best to seek IN PERSON second opinions in UK

"Strange" Shape 5 Months after Rhinoplasty

+1

I don't think your nose looks "strange" but there appear to be some fullness which may resolve as healing progresses. Wait another 6-8 months before considering a revision.

Revision rhino

+1

Revision rhinoplasty would depend on what u do not like about your nose. The swelling will go down more and if u do not like it you should discuss a revision with your surgeon. 

Nose Strange Shape after Septorhinoplasty

+1

There is nothing glaring about your present nose, and I would have to know exactly what concerned you about how it looks.  Also, preoperative pictures would be helpful as well.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA