How Long Will Da Vinci Veneers Stay in Place?

Da Vinci veneers...

+1
Thinking about Da Vinci veneers?
Well, they are know to be very long lasting.  I have seen patients that had their DaVinci veneers placed 13 or 14 year ago and they still look good.  I would recommend looking at more than one veneer option because some dentists provide guarantees on these and other veneers.  I usually provide a 10 year guarantee on most veneers that I place.  Considering that the patient gets regular cleanings and check-ups twice a year.  Make the right choice for you.  Take care.

Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentist

+1

Da Vinci Dental Studios is a popularly known dental lab in West Hills, CA.  There are best known for being the porcelain dental lab for ABC's Extreme Makeover and Fox's The Swan.  They have been in business for over 35 years, and I have used them as my top choice dental lab for over 20 years.  They have the best quality aesthetics that I have seen in the industry and they are very easy to work with.  Most of my patients who opt for porcelain veneers decide to use da Vinci because of the longevity.  We typically tell patients that veneers should last anywhere from 10-15 years, but I have patients that have had their veneers for 15 years or more without issues.  I was very honored to be able to do a full mouth restoration on the former owner's of da Vinci dental's mother.  Da Vinci also hailed me as "Florida's Extreme Makeover Dentist" which was so very flattering.  

Charles Nottingham, DDS, FAGD
Fort Lauderdale Cosmetic Dentist

How Long do Veneers Last?

+1

There is a popular myth out there that veneers only last 10 years.  I have Da Vinci veneers I put in patients that are over 15 years old that look as good as the day I put them in.   THey Haven't had any problems or chipping or degradation whatsoever.  THe porcelain we use now (eMax) is almost 4 times stronger than what we used back then.  Longevity of veneers really has to do with proper technique of the dentist and good habits of the patient.  If they are well taken care of then it is not unreasonable for them to last a lifetime.  Veneers fail for 2 reasons - poor design and technique of the placing dentist.  Veneers must adhere to enamel - not dentin.  So if the teeth are over prepared into the dentin then expected longevity goes way down.  Dentin bonding is not reliable in the long-term. PArt of the message here is that the teeth should be relatively straight before you attempt to veneer them.   In veneering crooked teeth more tooth structure has to be taken away and it is more likely that you will have dentin bonding instead of enamel bonding.  If you refuse braces then the alternative is a more of a 360 veneer that goes all the way around the tooth.  This design can be cemented with glass ionomer cement and doesn't have to be bonded.  Make sure you ask for eMAX - its the best porcelain!!

Lawrence Singer, DMD
Washington Cosmetic Dentist

Daily maintenance is key!

+1

Properly created veneers can last many years.

If you grind or clench your teeth during sleep (most of us do...) a properly fitted night guard will protect your smile.

My veneers are now 8 years old, look just as great as the day they they were expertly placed because I wear my night guard EVERY Night!

Mitchel Friedman, DDS
Eatontown Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers will last as long as you take good care of them

+1

As a patient there are traditionally two major reasons that veneers need to be replaced. 

1) Fracture: If you eat something you are not supposed to, or clench or grind your teeth or get hit in the face the veneer will fracture. What one must understand is ifthe veneer fractures your tooth would have fractured to.

2) Gum recession: Depending on when you got your veneers (your age) and the position of your lip when you smile. Sometimes your gums will receed due to your age and the transition between your veneer and your gum line will be non esthetic and will necessitate replacing. 

As  a side point I have veneers in my mouth. When I chose my type of veneer I wanted the most esthetic and strongest veneer on the market. I chose an EMAX veneer. This is what I offer to my patient because that is what we believe is the most esthetic veneer on the market. This is the exclusive veneer we offer in our practice. It requires a dentist who has knowledge of the material and a dental lab that has perfected the fabrication

Jonathan Abenaim, DMD
Ridgewood Cosmetic Dentist

Veneers usually last about 15-20 years with proper care

+1

I've had my Davinci veneers for 20 years but Im a dentist and take super good c`are of my teeth. If you have perfect hygiene then they will last along time.

Michael J. Thomas, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist