I would like to be a D or small DD, do you think this is possible?

I am planning on setting up a consultation and surgery date for breast augmentation within the next 6 months. I am between a 34a and a 34B, I think... I know that I wear a 34B which is a little larger cup than I can fully fill and continue to wear to appear larger breasted, but I'm not entirely sure exactly yet what my precise size is. I've decided on silicone implants and that I would love to be a large full D cup or a small DD. One of my breasts is slightly smaller than the other, and I'm not certain if I am considered to have a tubular deformity. Any info or advice anyone can offer is much appreciated, thank you. 

Possible breast sizes?

+2
Plastic surgeons love to tackle challenges. Most any size can be achieved. The unintended consequences of too large implants in order to achieve a cup size are not often apparent for years. A frank discussion about those risks with a board certified plastic surgeon is ur best bet. Many of the deleterious effects of large implants are irreparable. We do want you to get what u want but also not get stuck with unexpected problems longterm. Good luck

Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Selecting a breast implant size

+2

Nothing seems to give women more anxiety than deciding the correct breast implant size.   Sizing bras are very helpful in narrowing the choices.   I never guaranty a breast cup size rather it is best to think more about your desired shape and degree of fullness.   The ultimate deciding factor when considering a breast implant should be base diameter as well as desired breast projection.   Next it is helpful to review photos of what you would like to look like after surgery.  From this information a skilled and experienced plastic surgeon can help you select an implant size and surgical technique that is best for you.  Also remember that time, weight and gravity are not on your side.  The larger the implant then the greater the risk of long term stretch deformities.  

Almost anything is possible

+2

Not to be flippant, but almost anything is possible if you are willing to accept the risks and realize that the quality of the result can be compromised with such a large breast. Personally I believe natural breasts look the best. However I do have women who prioritize size alone. The problem is in women who want both size and a natural look, but do not that the natural breast tissue or chest characteristics to reach both of these goals. 

You, like all women would benefit from a consult with a complete examination including breast measurements to determine your precise goals. I believe you are a reasonable candidate for a breast augmentation, but if you go double D then you start to place a great deal of weight on your natural breast tissue with such a large implant. The larger the breast implant,  the greater chance you have of complications such as capsular contracture(hardness) or larger but still droopy breasts. In your case, I worry about the implants being visible as they will comprise much more than 50% of your eventual breast makeup. It may be easier to think about it this way...the greater percentage of your final breast volume is implant , the greater chance you have of noticing the implant which some women do not find desirable. So anything is possible, you will just have to decide how you want to prioritize quality of result and risk versus the large size you desire. 

Jay Burns, MD

I would like to be D/DD cup

+2

Bra sizes are not a precise science but I do not think that your request is unreasonable.  I agree that it would be useful to bring in a photograph of the size and shape breast that you are hoping to achieve as a D cup to one person may be different to a D cup to another.

I do not think that you have a tuberous breast deformity and you look like a good candidate for breast augmentation but you need to make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page!  Good luck.

Jonathan J. Staiano, FRCS (Plast)
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

DD will be too big for your breast tissue

+2

You have mild tubular breast over right side and that is causing to have different aerola shape and size compare to the left side. You also have a crease over right lower pole of the right breast when you lift you arms. The distance from aerola to the inframammary fold is short and this will limit the size of the implant.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

I think a D Cup is possible

+2

I agree with Dr Friedlander that bra sizes are not consistant.  Given that going up a couple of sizes from where you are is a definite possibilty.  It is sometimes helpful to take in pictures of someones breast that are similar to what you desire.  Your surgeon can then talk with you about whether this is possible with the amount of breast tissue and skin you have.

Good luck with your surgery,

Dr T

Scott Tucker, MD
Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon

Breast sizing

+2

If you're not sure what size you are, you may want to go to get measured by a proffessional.  V.S. provides complimentary sizing. These don't appear to be tubular breasts. Yes, a D or possibly a DD could be achieved. I recommend implant placement behind the muscle. This technique has more natural results and the least complications. I hope this helps, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

D or DD after durgery

+2

Hi, One of the things that I reinforce, is that it is not the bra you wear but the appearance that you have achieved that  counts.  All bras are different.  That being said, you do not have a tubular deformity.  The small size difference does not pose an issue for augmentation. You will require a large implant to create the fullness of a D or DD cup.  The size and profile of the implant  best suited to achieve your desired result  will be determined at your consultation.  Good luck.

Beverly Friedlander, MD
Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

I would like to be a D or small DD - is this possible?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Proper Implant Selection

+1

I would caution against larger implants if you have a tubular breast. In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD