I would like to be a D or small DD, do you think this is possible?

I am planning on setting up a consultation and surgery date for breast augmentation within the next 6 months. I am between a 34a and a 34B, I think... I know that I wear a 34B which is a little larger cup than I can fully fill and continue to wear to appear larger breasted, but I'm not entirely sure exactly yet what my precise size is. I've decided on silicone implants and that I would love to be a large full D cup or a small DD. One of my breasts is slightly smaller than the other, and I'm not certain if I am considered to have a tubular deformity. Any info or advice anyone can offer is much appreciated, thank you. 

Possible breast sizes?

+2
Plastic surgeons love to tackle challenges. Most any size can be achieved. The unintended consequences of too large implants in order to achieve a cup size are not often apparent for years. A frank discussion about those risks with a board certified plastic surgeon is ur best bet. Many of the deleterious effects of large implants are irreparable. We do want you to get what u want but also not get stuck with unexpected problems longterm. Good luck
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Selecting a breast implant size

+2

Nothing seems to give women more anxiety than deciding the correct breast implant size.   Sizing bras are very helpful in narrowing the choices.   I never guaranty a breast cup size rather it is best to think more about your desired shape and degree of fullness.   The ultimate deciding factor when considering a breast implant should be base diameter as well as desired breast projection.   Next it is helpful to review photos of what you would like to look like after surgery.  From this information a skilled and experienced plastic surgeon can help you select an implant size and surgical technique that is best for you.  Also remember that time, weight and gravity are not on your side.  The larger the implant then the greater the risk of long term stretch deformities.  

Almost anything is possible

+2

Not to be flippant, but almost anything is possible if you are willing to accept the risks and realize that the quality of the result can be compromised with such a large breast. Personally I believe natural breasts look the best. However I do have women who prioritize size alone. The problem is in women who want both size and a natural look, but do not that the natural breast tissue or chest characteristics to reach both of these goals. 

You, like all women would benefit from a consult with a complete examination including breast measurements to determine your precise goals. I believe you are a reasonable candidate for a breast augmentation, but if you go double D then you start to place a great deal of weight on your natural breast tissue with such a large implant. The larger the breast implant,  the greater chance you have of complications such as capsular contracture(hardness) or larger but still droopy breasts. In your case, I worry about the implants being visible as they will comprise much more than 50% of your eventual breast makeup. It may be easier to think about it this way...the greater percentage of your final breast volume is implant , the greater chance you have of noticing the implant which some women do not find desirable. So anything is possible, you will just have to decide how you want to prioritize quality of result and risk versus the large size you desire. 

I would like to be D/DD cup

+2

Bra sizes are not a precise science but I do not think that your request is unreasonable.  I agree that it would be useful to bring in a photograph of the size and shape breast that you are hoping to achieve as a D cup to one person may be different to a D cup to another.

I do not think that you have a tuberous breast deformity and you look like a good candidate for breast augmentation but you need to make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page!  Good luck.

Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

DD will be too big for your breast tissue

+2

You have mild tubular breast over right side and that is causing to have different aerola shape and size compare to the left side. You also have a crease over right lower pole of the right breast when you lift you arms. The distance from aerola to the inframammary fold is short and this will limit the size of the implant.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

I think a D Cup is possible

+2

I agree with Dr Friedlander that bra sizes are not consistant.  Given that going up a couple of sizes from where you are is a definite possibilty.  It is sometimes helpful to take in pictures of someones breast that are similar to what you desire.  Your surgeon can then talk with you about whether this is possible with the amount of breast tissue and skin you have.

Good luck with your surgery,

Dr T

Winston Salem Plastic Surgeon

Breast sizing

+2

If you're not sure what size you are, you may want to go to get measured by a proffessional.  V.S. provides complimentary sizing. These don't appear to be tubular breasts. Yes, a D or possibly a DD could be achieved. I recommend implant placement behind the muscle. This technique has more natural results and the least complications. I hope this helps, Dr. H

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/Default.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

D or DD after durgery

+2

Hi, One of the things that I reinforce, is that it is not the bra you wear but the appearance that you have achieved that  counts.  All bras are different.  That being said, you do not have a tubular deformity.  The small size difference does not pose an issue for augmentation. You will require a large implant to create the fullness of a D or DD cup.  The size and profile of the implant  best suited to achieve your desired result  will be determined at your consultation.  Good luck.

Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Proper Implant Selection

+1

I would caution against larger implants if you have a tubular breast. In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Breast implant size/cup size?

+1

The more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size or model (profile) of implant used and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saline/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size. 
Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:

1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.

2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.

3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.

4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/choosing-your-size.htm